Country
    Singapore

Re: Telecredible's ADA 4Ft Tank.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by Jervis View Post
    It's looking good! Ready for competition?
    Well still afraid im would not be able to enter the competition
    Intend to introduce some crypts and tiger lotus this weekend. But I doubt it will grow nicely in 2 weeks time. Meanwhile, any more suggestions of floras to be added? Also waiting for the altums season to come by. Can wait to get hold of a group of gorgeous altums.
    Keeping.
    Apistogramma Peixoto, Agassizi 'Rio Tefe Cacadola', Agassizi 'Tefe Bauna', Bitaenita 'Rio Copea', Diplotaenia 'Barcelos', Mendenzi 'Sao Gabriel', Gibbiceps 'OrangeFace' Opal, Hippolytae, Pauciquamis 'Negro' Uauspei Blukteil, uauspei Rokteil, Elizbethae 'Sao Gabriel', Sunrise, Trifiscata 'Rio Pinmental'

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Czech_Republic

Hi there,

you have pretty nice ada stuff, envy . As someone mentioned before, try to achive golden ratio in your scape by adding some plants, now it's too much centered. That's not good. Two weeks left is not so much time as well. I'd add more hairgrass to fill foreground. Spread many small (I mean smaller then you have) hairgrass bunches between planted ones. This could make you foreground more compact in shorter period. Some moss may help with achieving milder gradation between foreground and background. And again, try to hide centered look with moss and more plants. Good luck. This tank have potential.

Btw what lamps (color) do you use in your light?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Czech_Republic

Quote Originally Posted by norcalnerd View Post
    Fascinating. So here in the northern USA we need to heat our water, during summer and especially winter, and in Singapore you cool your water. I never even considered the possibility.
    So do we in Europe The advantage is price of the solution. Heater is much cheaper then cooler (if ordinary fan is not supposed to be professional solution)..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by V31 View Post

Btw what lamps (color) do you use in your light?
    Hi there bro,
    Thanks for the suggestion. Will take into serious consideration. Meanwhile the competition is drawing near, my studies plus the maintaince of the tank is headache Well the light bulbs are original Giesemann MH Tropical Bulbs and their T5 bulbs.

http://www.giesemann.de/76,2,,.html (MH TROPICAL)

http://www.giesemann.de/63,2,,.html (T5)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,.
    kenneth
    Keeping.
    Apistogramma Peixoto, Agassizi 'Rio Tefe Cacadola', Agassizi 'Tefe Bauna', Bitaenita 'Rio Copea', Diplotaenia 'Barcelos', Mendenzi 'Sao Gabriel', Gibbiceps 'OrangeFace' Opal, Hippolytae, Pauciquamis 'Negro' Uauspei Blukteil, uauspei Rokteil, Elizbethae 'Sao Gabriel', Sunrise, Trifiscata 'Rio Pinmental'

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Everyone.
    Believe that my my previous update was long ago. So, just did another major rescape on this 4ft tank again . This is the third attempt, well gathered another group of equipment and floras. More experience gathered from the previous rescape, now let do the photo do the talk.

So heres the Latest FTS.

Hope that you guys will Comment on my latest rescape.
    Cheers,
    kenneth
    Keeping.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi guys just some simple updates
    Nothing much, just lost 2 pairs of Apistogrammas. Well added couple of Plecos. L14 and L046. Currently Both are feeding real well. Wonder i should add in 2 more pieces of L046

L014 (Sunshine Pleco)

L046 (Zebra) Sorry for the picture, this 2 Zebras love hiding inside this deep cave so quite hard to get its picture.

Thats All Hope you guys had enjoyed.

Cheers,
    Kenneth
    Keeping.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

hi kenneth ,,,,

love what you did to your scape ... nice feeling ......

and your L046
    Regards

Melvin

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by BuTLeR View Post
    hi kenneth ,,,,

love what you did to your scape ... nice feeling ......

and your L046
    Thanks for the compliment bro. Your shrimp tank is nice too. The best it the nana. I tried keeping shrimps but to no success in 2 days, 100 shrimps were wiped out. Juvenile yamatos. Apistogrammas take them as brine shrimps. Thanks anyway.
    Keeping.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Kenneth,

I do not know if Plecos are a good idea for planted tank. The last time I had a pleco, it had my Echinodorous for meal.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by newtank View Post
    Kenneth,

I do not know if Plecos are a good idea for planted tank. The last time I had a pleco, it had my Echinodorous for meal.

Hmm..
    So far so good, no casualties for my plants so far
    But they love to stir up and mix the gravel and the sand together during feeding time luckily the situation is still able to be controlled
    In a general term, I feel that plecos do also work well with the tank mates, they will also eat the left-over food at the bottom. Thus, they are very cute too.. You might consider trying L046 Zebras. They are super shy and cute.

Cheers,
    Kenneth
    Keeping.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Some updates.

More to come...
    Was taking picture till halfway did i realise i ran out of battery

Cheers,
    Kenneth
    Keeping.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

will the sunshine pleco grow too big for your plants to handle it?

wouldnt it stir up the gravel and turn the water dirty?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by plasticknife View Post
    will the sunshine pleco grow too big for your plants to handle it?

wouldnt it stir up the gravel and turn the water dirty?

Yeah, the Sunshine Pleco will grow very big intend to keep it till either year end or next year I will sell away, then concentrate on L046 instead. The Sunshines are brought to test whether they are suitable for my tank. They sometimes do stir up the gravel during feeding time. All I does is that just suck it out, water wise, it didnt stir up any gravel or make the water dirty, personally im very happy about it

Cheers,
    Kenneth
    Keeping.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia

Did you put a ceramic cave under the tree? would they be able to breed if not?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Wow nice! Lookin forward to more pics...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by ahadina View Post
    Did you put a ceramic cave under the tree? would they be able to breed if not?
    Hi Ahadina,
    Nope the caves is pretty deep inside, no ceramic or whatsoever inside there. Just a cave For breeding wise, still not sure yet. But im quite certain this is pretty hard for L046 Zebra to spawn there. But likely for Apistogrammas
    Cheers,
    Kenneth
    Keeping.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_reds_73 View Post
    Wow nice! Lookin forward to more pics...
    Alright thanks bro.
    Heres another picture of my Female Apistogramma Peixoto, not really fully coloured Currently also battling Algae Hope you enjoyed

Cheers,
    Kenneth
    Keeping.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Everyone,
    Time for some simple updates.
    Nothing much nothing new. Just remove the Rotala Manchadra
    Feeling the left hand side is very empty and recommandations on the floras that i can add in?
    Since the day i brought the stem plant at the back, i have yet to trim it
    its touching the surface water already i believe its time for a nice trim too

Cheers,
    kenneth
    Keeping.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

If i had such a huge tank i would add discus or angels.
    God will make a way, where there seems to be no way

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by leeruisheng View Post
    If i had such a huge tank i would add discus or angels.
    Yes Bro... i want to try out altums..but not sure whether they will post a threat to my apistogrammas inside

samurai-X wow nice tank, how long must u set it up all
    Hi samurai,
    this tank is around 6 months.
    been through 3 major rescape very tiring
    Hopefully this will be the last time
    Anyway, Thanks for the remarks.

Cheers,
    kenneth
    Keeping.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast