Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Nice Scape bro...and the lily pipe very interested

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Looks like you have done all your research again, Master Jervis, and just by looking at your setup, answered many of the questions I have been wondering as my current scape is the same size as yours.

How effective has your poppy glass in handling the 600L torrent?
    Will you be placing a sponge on your inlet or are the holes small enough to prevent shrimplets from getting into the filter?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by JadeIceGreen View Post
    Looks like you have done all your research again, Master Jervis, and just by looking at your setup, answered many of the questions I have been wondering as my current scape is the same size as yours.

How effective has your poppy glass in handling the 600L torrent?
    Will you be placing a sponge on your inlet or are the holes small enough to prevent shrimplets from getting into the filter?
    Argh! Stop calling the that! Apparently I have NOT done enough research Despite the small volume of water the IceProbe failed to bring the temperature down to the desired 24ºC to 25ºC range. Poor room air-circulation could be a possible explanation. Will have to continue to search for a solution in the coming days.

Actually the Poppy Glass is working quite nicely as the inlet restricting the flow. I chose this particular inlet as the tiny slits will prevent CRS from getting sucked into the filter.

Mini M is great actually... it's petite yet there's just enough room for scaping

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ya would love to find out about this too!

iceprobe is a peltier device, which from what I've read, ambient temp and air circulation is critical to its performance. Under unfavourable conditions, it might even increase the water temperature instead of lowering it ^_^

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by tflow View Post
    Another nice project you have

Noticed most of your projects make use of quite "branded" or "high-end" stuff....can share roughtly how much you have spent on this one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper007 View Post
    Well as far as I see is going to be a big hole in the pocket!
    Not really that big-a-hole since I'm reusing most of my old equipments and glassware. Don't suggest you splurge on such luxuries during the current economic uncertainties. In a way, glad I invested during the good times. But on the other hand... should've save the money for rainy days

Quote Originally Posted by yakie_19 View Post
    Hi,

Nice looking tank and healthy moss!!
    May i know where did you buy the moss?
    Can you please post some pictures of the ice probe and maybe explain how it works?
    I am considering some other means of lowering my water temperature besides fan and chiller. Hope that you can help.
    Thanks! The tank is still pretty new... it will take a couple more days to be able to see if the moss are really doing that well. I bought them from C328.

See if this LINK helps.

But do bear in mind that the amount of help this guy can offer is quite limited compared to a conventional chiller. It is very heavily dependent on total volume of water and room temperature/ventilation.

Quote Originally Posted by taz View Post
    Perhaps that vertically placed driftwood could be place slightly tilted to the right, 20-30 deg. I feel it would look much natural. And the mini pellia, I just find it a bit out of place. Maybe should fill it up with a mesh of fissiden over there. Just an idea...
    Finally some comments on scaping... actually I get your picture completely. However, the lower right branch is part of the wood structure, making tilting more to the right very difficult (if not impossible). Unless I sink part of that lower right branch into the soil

That Mini Pelia can go anytime... let's wait and see

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Had read on IceProbe sometime back, hold back from purchasing it. Reason being it's dependence on ambience temperature.

TEM chiller or conventional chiller would be a better choice. Given that power consumption will be much similiar or even better than IcePrope. And their ability to keep a constant temperature.

It is alway hard to scape a shrimp tank, at least for me. For you, you done it with a breeze

Let's tempt JadeIceGreen to get lily pipes

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ghim View Post

TEM chiller or conventional chiller would be a better choice. Given that power consumption will be much similiar or even better than IcePrope. And their ability to keep a constant temperature.

Bro, TEM is Thermoelectric Module, which is a peltier device. Not only Ice probe, but also Dolphin chiller and some others nano chillers utilise this technology as well.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Jervis View Post
    Argh! Stop calling the that! Apparently I have NOT done enough research Despite the small volume of water the IceProbe failed to bring the temperature down to the desired 24ºC to 25ºC range. Poor room air-circulation could be a possible explanation. Will have to continue to search for a solution in the coming days.

Actually the Poppy Glass is working quite nicely as the inlet restricting the flow. I chose this particular inlet as the tiny slits will prevent CRS from getting sucked into the filter.

Mini M is great actually... it's petite yet there's just enough room for scaping
    Get my chiller!! Seaview is having a 20% discount on it now.
    I read from http://www.adana.co.jp/_e_products/d...ppy_glass.html that poppy glass is used to create a gentle water flow and this is an answer to all of us, over filtration freaks. However, I did realise that you used the violet glass inflow instead and imo it looks way better than the poppy inflow. I am wondering if I could match an ADA mini inlet with a poppy outlet and get the same result.

Its like a holy grail, we are always trying to get the biggest filter as possible for our nano tanks while controlling our outflow to a manageable level.

Yeah, I love the Mini M size too!

Quote Originally Posted by ghim View Post
    Had read on IceProbe sometime back, hold back from purchasing it. Reason being it's dependence on ambience temperature.

It is alway hard to scape a shrimp tank, at least for me. For you, you done it with a breeze

Let's tempt JadeIceGreen to get lily pipes
    Wah you guys very horrible. First I get tempted by all the pictures, and now a concerted effort.

If ADA's mini inlet has the same sized slits as DoAqua's mini inlet, then I am that much closer to getting lily pipes.
    Last edited by JadeIceGreen; 10th Feb 2009 at 16:20.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Get my chiller!! Seaview is having a 20% discount on it now.

If ADA's mini inlet has the same sized slits as DoAqua's mini inlet, then I am that much closer to getting lily pipes.
    Yeah I am considering getting a chiller

A closeup of my favourite glass inlet

Very shrimp-friendly!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by dwgi32 View Post
    Once again, another wonderful project by bro Jervis.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rayade76 View Post
    Wow bro,

very bright and nice tank.

thanks for sharing .
    Glad you enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by mordrake View Post
    very nice setup. i like the tree very much
    i'm using an iceprobe for my 2ft too. temps are 23-25C as tank is located in a well ventilated area. as for backdrop, can get those black vanguard sheet and slot behind the tank. use other colours for change of seasons look
    I am amazed by your 23ºC result Is your tank located in an air-conditioned room?

Quote Originally Posted by blackBRUSHalgae View Post
    Hi Jervis,

I hope your CRS will breed like hamster! it will be awesome! BTW what happens to you christmas sulawesi shrimp tank?

and yes, the new tank is very clear indeed.

any pictures of how you mount your iceprobe? May I know how much and where did you get it from?

Thanks!
    Breed like hamsters? I got a feeling it won't be that easy The Xmas tank is still running, will do an update when the moss looks better.

Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Very nice scape... as usual....

You are entering this for the AQ/ADA Singapore aquascaping contest?
    Yes I sure will... but have yet to decide which tank to enter.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Bought a more accurate temperature monitor today and was sadden by the reading This is definitely the higher end of the allowed temperature for CRS

Added a fan to help the situation.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    This is how my substrate looks like (from the side)... nice to see that the hairgrass is beginning to spread

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    wow i was thinking of getting this tank..its really beautiful...but is it easy to get scratched as per claimed due to the low-iron content in the glass.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    A closeup of my favourite glass inlet
    Very shrimp-friendly!
    Yeah, really small slits on that glass inlet! Thanks for taking the time to show that to us.

Quote Originally Posted by zoombee View Post
    wow i was thinking of getting this tank..its really beautiful...but is it easy to get scratched as per claimed due to the low-iron content in the glass.
    The scratches are at the micro level and not easily seen. Here is an extract of an interview with Mr Amano on the new cube gardens.

"The effect is really small, but this type of glass tends to get fine scratches in the manufacturing process more easily than other glasses. I was torn on the choice during its development, but at the end, I chose the super clear type since the effect of the fine scratches is so small that it is obscured completely with a layout and I wanted the inside of ADA’s aquarium to be as bright as possible."

All credit goes to http://www.aquajournal.net/na/storie...002/index.html.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yeah, really small slits on that glass inlet! Thanks for taking the time to show that to us.

The scratches are at the micro level and not easily seen. Here is an extract of an interview with Mr Amano on the new cube gardens.

"The effect is really small, but this type of glass tends to get fine scratches in the manufacturing process more easily than other glasses. I was torn on the choice during its development, but at the end, I chose the super clear type since the effect of the fine scratches is so small that it is obscured completely with a layout and I wanted the inside of ADA’s aquarium to be as bright as possible."

Temptation?

Thanks for the clarification of the tiny scratches... as far as my eyes and macro lens are concern... can't even spot a single streak

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    very beautiful tank.
    pardon me for this question on the glass inlet and outlet. As the glass inlet in totally below the water surface, will you get some dust or oil that remains on the water surface that will not be filter off ?

EK

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Wow 27plus.... Actually CRS can still live in this temp. Only problem is it will not breed. A chiller will set you back $300 plus assuming you don't go for highend brands..
    VIPER

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

nice....at least i know what i will be getting for my next tank

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Temptation?

Thanks for the clarification of the tiny scratches... as far as my eyes and macro lens are concern... can't even spot a single streak
    Yeah, solely tempted.. Not for my Sanzon Iwagumi tank as there is no way I will break up the scape just to change tank.
    But I will get one for my betta, just a matter of how fast I can save up for it. But without a doubt, its going to be worth every single cent!

And your thread is like a bible to me, I've been in and out of it a few times a day, looking at pictures, looking at your details.. You are providing so many answers!! Thanks.

MASTER JERVIS!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    MASTER JERVIS!
    You better stop that before you really freak me out

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast