Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Pay for goods over MRT fare gate and get fined $2,000

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Should be ok i guess. nowadays i deal at stations i fast hand fast leg deal and pass the item haha.

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

It is for safety reason than any other reason. Just like SAF

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    It is called close 1 eye...they do not strictly enforce it and patrol just to catch that. It's not their main job scope....
    But if some bro bad luck and meet a staff who wants to die die enforce ?
    yes bro i agree with that.. that's why i put "its up to oneself to take chances accordingly..."
    Too much of a fish SIAO to quit fish keeping/fishing..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

But if some bro bad luck and meet a staff who wants to die die enforce ?
    Maybe we should have a thread set up, specifically warning against trading at certain notorious MRT stations out to catch our trading bros, =X hahaha just joking =)

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Dcloud View Post
    Maybe we should have a thread set up, specifically warning against trading at certain notorious MRT stations out to catch our trading bros, =X hahaha just joking =)
    I was at a particular MRT station where I saw the MRT staff getting angry. She strode over and actually stopped a grown man (inside) handing a baby to another woman (outside). It' wasn't about any dealing though (Hopefully not). Think she wanted the baby returned to the man (presumed dad) and requested the man to exit, before handing the baby to the woman (presumed mum). Everyone was rather taken aback as the couple stared at the staff wide-eyed and in disbelief. Fortunately, the baby was not harmed in any way, and appeared to be smiling and oblivious.

Sorry I can't name the station here. But if curious, can PM me and I'll provide the first and last letters.
    Fancy Guppies: Many cute ones. Live Fish Fry Cultures: Microworms, Grindal worms & Vinegar eels.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

This is ridiculous...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I think the rule here is that you travel for example from Toa Payoh to Yishun to deal something but instead of coming out of station at Yishun, you complete the deal then board the down-going train and then get off at Bishan (which is the actual destination) that you want to go. This is possble because of the time allowance, right. So in this way this then becomes an offense as rightfully, the MRT is a transport means and not a means to transact deals. Imgaine this being done on the bus, both of you must take the bus and incur the bus fares. So in this case one of the person should come out of the train station fare gate to transact and then that person go back in the the station to continue the journey.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Pay for goods over MRT fare gate and get fined $2,000

Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    This is ridiculous...
    Actually I find it funny, why pass a child over the barrier.
    Wait drop how??
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Wait drop how??
    maybe no hands to take ez-link card out so have to pass child over... hahahaha :P

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by cdckjn View Post
    I think the rule here is that you travel for example from Toa Payoh to Yishun to deal something but instead of coming out of station at Yishun, you complete the deal then board the down-going train and then get off at Bishan (which is the actual destination) that you want to go. This is possble because of the time allowance, right. So in this way this then becomes an offense as rightfully, the MRT is a transport means and not a means to transact deals. Imgaine this being done on the bus, both of you must take the bus and incur the bus fares. So in this case one of the person should come out of the train station fare gate to transact and then that person go back in the the station to continue the journey.
    Yes, I agree too. Nowadays not taking chances. It's just a small amount to pay, rather than get into some argument with the staff (who's just following orders).
    Fancy Guppies: Many cute ones. Live Fish Fry Cultures: Microworms, Grindal worms & Vinegar eels.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

This is ridiculous...
    I didn't stay long enough to see what happened next, but I remember those startled expressions, especially on the man.
    Hopefully an explanation was kindly given to the family.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Wait drop how??
    Finally know how to use multi-quote... The child was in safe hands. Both parties, including the staff, used both hands. Erm but does what I'd written sound funny? No pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by icefire View Post
    maybe no hands to take ez-link card out so have to pass child over... hahahaha :P
    Sounds logical. But maybe not. Think they were at the corner of the barrier chitchatting. And I doubt the man was going to exit.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Just imagine trying to pass baby over then pram ect...
    Lol like smuggle kids.

I've alway made buyers exit mrt since a long time ago. Imagine they just pass you the wrong amount and exit.

Happen to me once, but is non aquaria item thou.

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Anyone know if it is ok to deal at the short "fence" beside the gates? Since it doesn't affect flow of traffic and lots of people are loitering there all the time anyway.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Just imagine trying to pass baby over then pram ect...
    Lol like smuggle kids.

I've alway made buyers exit mrt since a long time ago. Imagine they just pass you the wrong amount and exit.

Happen to me once, but is non aquaria item thou.
    On the News "Alert MRT staff foils kids smuggling ring" hahaha... hmm dishonest people! already said steady over mrt transact then give wrong amount

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by cdckjn View Post
    Okay, so in other words, one perspective to look at this imposing of fines, is to prevent passengers getting "more" out of what they rightfully pay for, i.e. simply a means of transport; & hurting the SMRT bottomline. Though this is understandable, with the new distance-based fare, does this still hurt the bottomline of SMRT? If their rationale is to prevent deals from giving other passengers inconvenience, then I can understand.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

what if I overslept ? reached the terminal and then take the train back.... logically should exit and get into the train again.. but who will be so honest to do that...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

what if I overslept ? reached the terminal and then take the train back.... logically should exit and get into the train again.. but who will be so honest to do that...
    For every distance/station covered there is a time allowance. Which is sufficient for 2-3 stops backwards or more.

Go beyond that and the fare actually goes up.

Eg, I sat from somerset to marina bay station and to Bishan, No extra fare.
    But if from somerset to boon lay then alight at Bishan it should be deducted along with surcharge.

If single trip you just can't get pass the gate and have to go station control pay the difference.

Exactly how much more, never paid attention to details when I overslept 5 stations

Semi-Active currently

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Oh I see..
    never noticed the fare difference if I overslept also.. :P
    long time never take MRT for long distance liao...

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

So much information & debate... Nice read.

Sorry OT for a bit... Once I waited (very patiently) for close to 2 hours for a friend at an MRT (inside). In the end, prior to getting out I had to pay an additional $2. If I weren't so determined to wait on, thinking my friend would arrive any moment, I would have tapped out and went window-shopping first. Haha!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast