Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: 'ello. Kinda new to the high-tech end of fishkeeping..

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

'ello. Kinda new to the high-tech end of fishkeeping..

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hoping to get good enough at plant propagation and SA dwarf cichlid breeding to finally get this hobby paying for itself. Starting with a 20g and two 10's, dry ferts, pressurized CO2, mostly RO water and a pile of notes, sites, books and tylenol Looking forward to giving and recieving lots of info with other hobbyists here.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

Re: 'ello. Kinda new to the high-tech end of fishkeeping..

And I'm the other one working on the aquariums. The 20g is going EI dosing for ferts, with efforts to spawn appistos in it in the future. The other are getting the remainder of the RO, tap and maybe some waste from the 20g to help the nutrients along when they're planted. When I started the hobby, I never imagined that taking care of the plants would end up being more work and money than the fish. It's been worth it though.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

Yes, luckily Philosophos is much better at math than I am, which helps for working out fert dosing etc. We've just torn down the 20g today and replanted, planted the extra growth into one of the 10's, and new plants for the 20 should be getting here tomorrow. I'll probably make a new thread about its startup and upkeep complete with pics and specs soon afterwards. Hopefully it won't be much longer before we find a good pair of A. bitaeniata's for breeding on top of the current 8 yamato shrimp and 2 otocinclus affinis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Welcome aboard. We're glad we getting a more international membership now.

How are you guys related? Friends, house mates, family?
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

Thanks! Glad you're glad to have us foreigners around. We're engaged and living together currently but citizens of separate countries. Complicated due to a car accident and having to wait for immigration paperwork to be finalized after marriage.
    I was kind of wondering about the amount of people from Singapore on this site and why there aren't as many people from there on other commonly visited sites in America, considering everyone here seems to speak English so well. Usually I'm not provoked to join forums, but there's many impressive tanks among the members here so it's been worth it. I'm really looking forward to getting to know more about the country and how fishkeeping differs there from here.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

I'm also curious as to why more people from other countries aren't here. I find the quality of the posting to be far superior to most other forums. Even the questions asked tend to be more advanced than what I have seen in my own experience. Normally, I see people asking questions that can be answered within the first 5 search results on google. It's not like that around here.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Welcome to AQ!

Enjoy your stay here.
    Nicholas

Newbie en el cichlid enano