Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: puffer - the tail nipper

Feedback Score

puffer - the tail nipper

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi guys , recently bought 3 mini puffer to curb the snail problem in my tank . next thing i knew , i didn't see a single snail ! all was fine till i spotted a few of my tetras have their tails nipped ! then today , i finally saw the culprit . one of the puffer slowly hover around my cory that was perched on top of a big leaf. then wham ! he bit of a chunk of the dorsal fins. man the instant i saw that , i took the net and grab that little bugger out.

is there a reason for this ? how do i curb this problem ?
    here fishy fish fishy . here shirmpy shirmpy here is my noobie tank(3wk)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    puffers are known to do that once the snails are gone and they have nothing else to eat ... many people juz use 1 or 2 to control the snails and after that take out the puffer and put in a small tank ... maybe u can consider that
    ... always look at the bright side of life

Feedback Score
    You can curb the problem by keeping it well fed. You can ask LFS for more hitchhikers, or feed them with live blood worms. Thats what i've read online. Hope it helps..
    #nicholas
    Web Album

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    chia,

how big is your tank? I use a single puffer to handle my 5ft tank... so for one, you probably have to many puffers. Also, like what someone else said... try feeding it bloodworms... at least it will keep it happier and less likely to nip fins.
    Allen

Feedback Score
    ar finally my keyboard is working. thx for the advice guys . i removed the tail nipper , but left the other 2 alone as they seemed to be well behaved...ok i can't find them in that jungle. but they dun seem to be nipping anyone.can i feed pellets to the puffer?
    here fishy fish fishy . here shirmpy shirmpy here is my noobie tank(3wk)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Puffers are th fussiest fish I know... they won't take flake, granule, pellet... the only thing my puffer will take is bloodworm (and snails of course).
    Allen