Images
    Country
    Singapore

new on planted need advice

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    !) Lighting: i already have 3 x 11watt of pl light for the tank. which is 33 watts in total. As 1.5ft tank is slghtly less than 10 galloons, thus it is abt more than 3.3watt per galloon. i thnk tht's more than enough light rite?

2) CO2: i'm still thinking what co2 to use.
    - DIY,
    - the cylinder one
    - the commercial DIY system
    Cost abt $30. Comes with some substance in powder form to generate co2, the CO2 dispenser and holder which the powder's being put inside. Refills for the powder shld cost ard $8 per packet which will last me for 30days, per packet

(i had currently try the diy co2... still on testing ground)

Just wondering.. how many bubbles of Co2 should come out for a 1.5ft tank? eg, one bubble per second?

3) Filter system: I'm currently using Eheim 2060. i think it's sufficient for the 1.5ft tank rite?

4) Fertilzer / gravel: dunno any place which sells fertilizer which is ard 5kg.. i think that's the amt that i'll need. most places packs them only in 10kg for $20. i dun need so much leh...As for gravel, i'll be buying 10kg ones for $10. Abt 2-3mm gravel.

5) Plant: got a problem finding places which sells nice plants. i'm looking for those with tiny leaves and plants like riccia. pet mart do sell them but only those that are already tied onto driftwood. a small piece cost $15!! Ex leh!!! I'm looking for Riccia that comes in a box so that i'll be able to tie it myself. Anyone knows where i can go to buy plants for planted tank??

The above mentioned are what i have in mind.. pls do share with me your comments as i'm a newbie when it comes to planted tanks! If possible, do advise me abt the price of those items. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    1) Light is enough, maybe even a bit on the high side. Just be mindful that the lights will heat up the water and might need a fan. You will also have to control water conditions carefully. Small tanks tends to be less forgiving.

2) DIY CO2 is cheap and cost only a few cents. Hard to imagine how it can fail if you follow the general instructions. Sugar + yeast = CO2. Many many recipe on the net. Look it up.
    It is not the bubble count, but the efficiency of getting the CO2 dissolved that matters. Also try to keep surface agitation down.

5) There are a couple of places around that sells plants. Since it is only a 1.5', it shouldn't need a handful from generous people from the forum. Otherwise, the general places are Keong Seong at Havelock, System control & engineering at Boon Keng, TEo's aquatic plants in LCK, some more at lor halus, etc.

Good luck.
    ck

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks for your reply....

i will switch on the light at night... when my aircondition is on....

so the thep i think will be ok.... am i right??...

and currently my diy co2 is doing quite well....

will see how it go....

and thanks for the reply.... thanks alot