Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: white spots

Feedback Score

white spots

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    my tetra kanna white spot...even i put medicine...the condition is not getting any better.....how to save them...so far one caridal tetra dead, at least 4 yamato shrimp dead.......pls help

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    what medication are you using?

I had my tank infested with white spot from some madagascar rainbows I bought.

treated with Waterlife's protozin on days 1,2,3 and 6 at 18ml per treatment day for a 220 litre tank

no casualties.
    all cured.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I shall be moving this discussion to the Medical Room to be more appropriate.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    eg9vti,

look in the medical section... there have been many many posts recently on white spots (possibly due to the cooler weather).

In short though, recommended treatments would be Salt, Sera Costapur, or Waterlife's Protozin.
    Allen

Feedback Score
    ya, salt works alright. If it's more serious,i'll use sera costapur cos it's the only brand I've tried and it works. Other brand I dunno. Sera costapur will not stain ur fishtank and plants for short term usage.
    Regards,
    Brigitte

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Salt should be more than sufficient.
    ... always look at the bright side of life

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I've used Salt to treat ICH as well, and it works.

As for protozin, it is good as well. It doesn't stain the water... at least not for long. After a dose in the evening (which stains the water blue), by next morning the water is free of any coloring. Also, it has a buildup effect, initial doses are weak, and allow for a buildup which helps stressed fish to acclimatize.
    Allen

Feedback Score
    its on planted tank.....i put some medicine recommended by sam pet undited square....but the result is almost all dead.
    even the tough fish SAE also all died.

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    In short though, recommended treatments would be Salt, Sera Costapur, or Waterlife's Protozin.
    ----------------
    Dear Allen,
    For Sera Costapur, the dosing instructions are kinda vague. "1st-5th day 1ml per 20 L"
    Does it mean we add the medicine and wait 5 days, then change water, or do we add the medicine everyday from day1-5? (You know, allow medicine to build up)

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    interesting qn
    i'd go with option 1

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I've used Interpet 6 on my tank before w/o known casualties - cant really verify the status of the malayan shrimps in there but a gd number of them survived the treatment.

My only displeasure is that i do not know what's the active ingredient in the med so i'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it's not carcinogenic.
    ThEoDoRe

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 3/13/2003 9:46:06 AM
    For Sera Costapur, the dosing instructions are kinda vague. "1st-5th day 1ml per 20 L"
    Does it mean we add the medicine and wait 5 days, then change water, or do we add the medicine everyday from day1-5? (You know, allow medicine to build up)
    ----------------
    Good question Hazel... I'm not sure. To be honest, I haven't used costapur myself, but I've heard a lot of good feedback about it which is why I feel comfortable recommending it. Perhaps someone who has tried it can comment?
    Allen

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I like waterlife's meds cos they don't affect your filter bacteria.

--
    anyway, your tank should be cured by now right?

Feedback Score
    [quote]
    ----------------
    On 3/15/2003 2:52:56 PM

----------------
    On 3/13/2003 9:46:06 AM
    ----------------
    I posted kind of the some question under Sera Costapur... er not much of replies, except for 1[] .
    Anyway, quite a few tetras kana whitespot depsite salt treatment. Water condition tested OK. Problem started after intro of rummynose into tank (without Qing). Out of desperation, started using Costapur... dosed daily with 50% water change each time. Any way, to cut story short, fish die 1 by 1... some darkened in colour, others had the entire tail "chewed off"... aweful! Plants also stained.. stem of nymphea lotus rot... sad pic.
    Buay Kam Wan... did a search on the web about malachite green since no replies from AQ forerunners.
    Tot this might be useful to U guys out there who might want to use MG to treat Ich (outbreak out there ?): MG carcinogenic. Even fish that are cured of Ich develop tumours about 1 year down the road! Also if U overdose, fish lungs damage & fish suffocate & die. POISONED!
    Wat about the dose then? Daily dose or dose once only? Few info on this but according to the limited lit, the correct dosing is once daily dose for 5 days, with 50% water change before each treatment... which is wat I did BUT casualty rate high. So be careful if U consider using such product next time.
    Dose: 0.05ppm. Calculated by multipling concentration og MG (mg/ml) & o.o5, then divided by 3.85 to give Xml/gal.
    So what happened to my tank now. Survivals rid of Ich. Plants should grow back I hope, Now maintaining with salt treatment... keep for 2 weeks lor, adopting wait & see attitude now.