Thread: Neon Tetra Sick?

Feedback Score

Neon Tetra Sick?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,
    A few of my neon tetras have turned pale, and they are swimming in a head slighly angled down position. Also, the tummy looks a bit bigger than the others in the tank. Is this some disease? How do I treat it?
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi hazel

first of how long have you got your tetras?.....are you overfeeding them?....when you mentioned belly is bigger then usual, are the scales popping out?...need more info.
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    1) Do you feed your fishes with just one kind of food or a variety of them?
    2) What do you feed your fishes with?
    3) Are those sick tetras new additions (just bought)?
    4) Any signs of disease/parasites?

Bloated stomache could be due to constipation and fishes do die from this.
    Read somewhere on the web before and the author's solution was to to add salt(a special kind of salt but i can't remember the name) and feed algae wafer or veg stuff to his fishes. After a few hours, he realised there's a lot of s*** in his tank and the treated fish becomes much "skinnier".

Feedback Score
    heard from a friend tt to cure constipation can try feeding ants...but dunno how gd true tt is lar...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    if its constipation: try epsom salts. not sure dosage (search!).

but if its dropsy, then you better change water like crazy and hope they survive.

Feedback Score
    I've got the Neon Tetras for 2 weeks or more. Scales not protruding. Eyes not popping. They looked normal except for the tummy & the way they swim (dipping their heads).
    Been feeding them TetraMin Pro and another brand (can't recall)of food consisting of mixed blood worms, turbified, etc.
    If it's dropsy or parasitic infections, are they suppose to look different (i mean pale)?
    Maybe it's constipation? What's Epsom salt?
    I've got the Neon Tetras for 2 weeks or more. Scales not protruding. Eyes not popping. They looked normal except for the tummy & the way they swim (dipping their heads).
    Been feeding them TetraMin Pro and another brand (can't recall)of food consisting of mixed blood worms, turbified, etc.
    If it's dropsy or parasitic infections, are they suppose to look different (i mean pale)?
    Maybe it's constipation? What's Epsom salt?[]

Feedback Score
    oops, sorry for the repeats. Don't know what happened. Maybe clicked on the wrong button?

Feedback Score
    Hazel, Epsom salth is magnesium sulphate. The dose for treating constipation is 1/2 teaspoon to 1 gallon of water