Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Black spots on Curry Leaves

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Does anyone have a cure for this please? Black spots keep appearing on my curry leaves and I can see little bugs running around in the soil. I tried neem and detergent but it doesnt work. I dont want to use a commercial spray as I will be eating these leaves!

Also any magical cure for mealy bugs? I usually wash them off with detergent but they come right back. Someone told me that I should put a yellow coloured sticky cardboard next to the plant and as mealies love yellow, they will go there and get stuck...

Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Black spots on Curry Leaves

I treat mealy and white flies with neem oil and it is quite effective. I heard the curry plant has a particular diease which affects them, you might want to google on it.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Black spots on Curry Leaves

Thanks Simon.

Came upon this cure by mistake. Left plant on ledge and thought rain would water it. When I went to get it, rain didnt get it wet and it was all drying. Then the spots just flicked off! So seems they cant stay on sundried leaves. Not "never water' type of dry leaves but sun drenched type of dried leaves. Immersed pot into water and plant came to life again!