Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Setting Up Planted Tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys! I'm new here. Manage to successfully set up a 3ft cichlid tank with help from the guys at the Cichlid Forum back at AR three mths ago. This is really addictive

Now I'm planning to start another tank at home [] , a planted one. But I do have certain space constraint, so was wondering if it will be OK to set up a 1.5ft one? Will the water parameters fluctuate a lot due to the small tank? And BTW, are there filters for such a small tank? Hope that you guys can advise me on the things to take note of. Thanx !!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hi atossg, first of all, welcome to AQ

as for yr questions on having a 1 1/2ft planted tank, the basic equipment are the same except smaller and becoz of the size, yes, perimeter/conditions fluncate faster than compared to a bigger tank.. u need to control some factors (lighting, fertilizing, feeding)

u got any plans or ideas on how the tank shld look? do give us a rough idea on the plants, equipment u intend to get.. or filter, u can look into a small internal filter or those overhanging filters (Ehiem liberty)

good luck on yr quest

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    atossg,

Firstly, welcome to our humble forum.

It's quite possible to have small planted tanks. If you have seen T.Amanos small tanks are very nicely done.

For filter for small tanks, I would suggest Eden 304 which cost around $17-$22 in most lfs. It small and the flow is quite appropriate for a planted tank.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]