Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

HELP ( Wriggles invasion )

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Currently i having a Cherry Red Shrimp tank and i've found a couple of wriggles in the tank ... Tank consist of , Cherry Red Shrimps , Ottos and trumpets snails ... May i ask anyone can help me solve this wriggles problems ? Thanks in advance ....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: HELP ( Wriggles invasion )

What is the size of your tank?
    what sort of filtration you are using? Is there any water surface movements?

For the time being, you can just remove the wrigglers manually and destroy them. But long term wise, you have to consider if you are having a mosquito breeding heaven in your home with this tank.

Any other tank I wound suggest putting some livebearer such as guppies, endlers, mollies, platies as they are known to relish on mosquito larvae/wrigglers. But sadly, they also will relish on any cherries that fit their mouth.

the only solution I can think of is to cover your tank with fine mosquito net after you cleared the wrigglers to prevent further invasion.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks for infomations ... my tank is a 2ft by 1ft by 1ft ... yes moving water suface but still invasions man ... sad ...

i have just manually removed them but i do not think that will go on for long term wise ...

ya , thats what i've heard that most fish will destroy my cherry just when they change shell .. sad ... hopefully someone could give a great idea rather then using a cover ...

Thanks bro for the help ...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

And also, pray that the NEA doesn't come and inspect your tank, or you will be in for a fine.

This was the reason I put Boraras Brigattae into my CRS tank, so far so good.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Fuzzy Fuzzy , what is that ... Boraras Brigattae ... i cant manage to find any infomations on the web .... is that a kind of fish or medicine to add into the water ? Please advise ... thanks alot bro ...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks for the info up there ... nice fish ... may i ask , the eat wriggles and wont attack my shrimps right ? are they costly and where can i get them ?