Country
    Singapore

melting HC

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi guys,

I have been growing emersed HC and had read the DSM guide. It have been emersed for almost 4 weeks, leaves were lush green but there was not much creeping. Lights were provided from my desklamp, maybe 18W, duration prolly avg 8pm to 8am. Seeking advice from a fren who successfully grown a 4ft hc carpet, he reccomend adding water like 10% 20% 50% etc. I started flooding a bit more water, leaving those on uneven surfaces submerged in water. During that, I doses quite an amt of excel. After a few days I noticed it melting ad my fren advise filling 50% water and blast lights. As I added water, I used 24w by the way, it's a 1ft 5plan tank. I dosed even more excel and some wondergro macro n micro w/o co2. Next day I still see it melting and I added co2 running at 3bps, not much pearling is seen but there's a lot of water fleas. I did a water change the next day and added 100% water, added HOB filter with used media, dosed excel and wondergro, used 36W lights. Not much pearling too and improvements. Sorry for such a long post. Is there any ways to salvage the situation?

Thx

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: melting HC

Never keep HC before but I don't think you will see any result after only 1 day.
    Last edited by taygu; 30th Apr 2009 at 16:26.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hey madnugget,

You might want to check the temperature of the tank. Using the table lamps can really emit alot of heat. HC has been known to be able to grow well within temp of 24-27 degrees. In addition your tank had very low volume of water in the initial days when u converted them to submerged.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

hi cross,

thanks for the reply. i guess most likely its the temperature. i just place my 1.5ft light over it. my nano shrimp tank w/o fan can hit up to a temp of 31C.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

hi guys,

my HC have been submerge for sometime and i'm starting to see some green in it. may i ask what do i do with all those melted ones? those that did not turn back green till now? do i leave it inside or do i have to remove them?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Bro, next time start with submerged form, much less headache. I bought some off a bro in the forum and it's growing all over the place.