61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Dwarf Sag

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here

How to you grow them nice and short? Mine is getting abit long... I'm using t5ho 24wX2, magic soil and P, excel,iron, flourish dosing. Thanks.
    Hi there,

Mine is a low tech tank. "Powered" by base fertilizer and nothing else. It is a standard 2 feet tank with 36 watt PL. Because it is low tech, I adopted used PL tube to handle the plant needs. Also, I don't change the water in the tank. I think somehow, I have encourage stunt growth in them.
    Last edited by barmby; 1st May 2009 at 23:32. Reason: Picture added

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Dwarf Sag

Thanks for the information. I used to get those effects in a 30cm tank lighted by 11w light and with no fertilizer dosing (only used very little amount of gex soil). Took a year to get one corner to carpet while it takes only 2 weeks for the same effects plus longer and taller leaves in my house tank. This could have stunted their growth.

Anyone got any experiences growing them in high lights tank but still have carpet effects?
    The role of master and servant begin to cloud in the water..

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I have spoken to Teo previously. This plant will grow tall with sufficient lights and fertilizer. Hence, the only way to make them dwarf is to starve them. I always recommend this plant for low tech because they are hardy! I love it.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Used to grow them in 2ft tank with T5 lighting. initially growth was low but then it soon covered the spaces on the floor (thickly) and height reach to about 30cm. At that time was dosing with ADA liquid fertilizer.
    God will make a way, where there seems to be no way

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by barmby View Post
    I have spoken to Teo previously. This plant will grow tall with sufficient lights and fertilizer. Hence, the only way to make them dwarf is to starve them. I always recommend this plant for low tech because they are hardy! I love it.
    i agree..will try trimming the longer leaves and see if there's any response
    The role of master and servant begin to cloud in the water..