Thread: White Spot

Feedback Score

White Spot

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi!
    Lately my fishes has been infected with white spot. It is now spreading to others......
    Pls advise.
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    [:0] I'm sorry abt ur fishies...

Well...this is what i have observed from my friend.Hope it helps a little.

First he added Oceans free brand but matters only got worse as the fish showed no recovery and most of them were gasping for air at the top of the tank. But maybe this could be due to CO2 poisoning as the dye from the medicine didn't allow enough light for the plants to produce oxygen.Hence, the gasping for air behaviour.

After that, he replaced the Oceans free white spot medication with salt and some got better...grdually...

In addition, he took out the badly infected fish and moved them into 'hospital' tank and added Serra brand medication and the fish seemed to have lost most of its white spots.[]

But don't be surprise if there are any casualties...all the best and regards,
    Bailey

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I would do water changes followed by salt treatment for your white spot. Search around for dossage of salt.

For long term remedy, do take care of your water condition. The white spots probably cropped up due to poor water conditions which lowered down fish resistance.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 3/9/2003 6:00:30 PM

I would do water changes followed by salt treatment for your white spot. Search around for dossage of salt.

For long term remedy, do take care of your water condition. The white spots probably cropped up due to poor water conditions which lowered down fish resistance.
    ----------------
    Why are white spots due to poor water condition? I always thought we would have to introduce the parasite into our tanks (adding fishes, live food) before we get an outbreak. Or can the stay in the our gravel (when they multiply) and water (when they look for hosts) for much longer than what the drug companies claim (14 days for dunno what temperature)?
    ThEoDoRe