Country
    Singapore

Angelfishes

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello everyone,

Just wondering is it alright to mix Pterophyllum Scalare and Pterophyllum Altum together? Has anyone tried it? N has anyone tried angelfishes with discus?

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

Re: Angelfishes

I started out with two angelfish 5 years ago... added my discus 3 years ago and they've all gotten along famously together. The discus always plays the peacemaker between the two angels when they ram each other... he will swim between the two as if to break it up and they stop ramming. Now my discus has grown to the same size as the angelfish.
    I'm very worried about the Discus as he turned dark a couple of days ago right after I changed the water and cleaned the tank. So I did another water change and he got darker and started darting about. Did another water change and today he has a large spot on his side where his scales have turned white. I need help but not because of the mixing with the angelfish since that has been successful for over 3 years. Do you have any advice or can you point me in the right direction?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Mildnomsed View Post
    Hello everyone,

Just wondering is it alright to mix Pterophyllum Scalare and Pterophyllum Altum together? Has anyone tried it? N has anyone tried angelfishes with discus?
    angel with discus or angel with with angel goes well

CHeers..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by lostlane View Post
    I started out with two angelfish 5 years ago... added my discus 3 years ago and they've all gotten along famously together. The discus always plays the peacemaker between the two angels when they ram each other... he will swim between the two as if to break it up and they stop ramming. Now my discus has grown to the same size as the angelfish.
    I'm very worried about the Discus as he turned dark a couple of days ago right after I changed the water and cleaned the tank. So I did another water change and he got darker and started darting about. Did another water change and today he has a large spot on his side where his scales have turned white. I need help but not because of the mixing with the angelfish since that has been successful for over 3 years. Do you have any advice or can you point me in the right direction?

Do a pp/mb treatment. may due to fungus, if got yellow powder will be good.

since you are from malaysia, assume you had no chlorimaines issue.

CHeers..