Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Green Tree Frog

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Yo bro moluccan! I couldnt agreed more than you!
    Green tree frog wanted

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

erh... i think it would be wise if we refrain from discussing about AVA and how knowledgeable they are here. we wouldn't want to invite trouble here right?

After all, we have to give them due credits for some of the initiative that they have like the breeding of the arrowana fish.

from what i understand, they have also tried to breed the clown loach but have little success so far.

As ardent supporters of the aquarium trade, what we can do is to help the local authority by passionately promoting this God given hobby within the legal boundaries set down by our land with the hope that one fine day, they will be more "liberal" in the choice that we can have.

Who knows, one fine day they may even allow us to have more exotic stuffs if we can show them that the local community is mature and responsible enough to handle the faunas.

Currently, there are too many wild imports roaming free out there if you know what i mean. Noty entirely our fault. But what we can do is to help by educating the general public through events like the aquarama or maybe even through the workshops that i have been conducting in schools...

Prehaps the local forums can come together and do something?

Just my 2 cents worth.
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

If you guys want a voice, as individuals we cannot do much. One way is to register as a society. I have thought about it. In order to do so, we need the details of at least 10 people to register. These 10 people better not have anything illegal being kept at their home address just in case AVA wants to check on us. On my side I can maybe find only 5-6 people, including myself. How many of you are willing to clear your stuffs for the time being?
    Aquafauna Supplies
    [email protected]
    Business registration: 53165583X
    Distributor for Fauna Marin
    Distributor for Reed Mariculture, Reef Nutrition, APBreed
    Distributor for Algagen
    Distributor for Dr G's Mariculture
    Distributor for Florida Aquafarms
    Distributor for Repashy Superfoods
    Reef & freshwater aquariums, vivarium, terrarium, paludarium.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Fingerling View Post
    Aye, haha, i dont really know much about these frogs other then their diet and conditions required to thrive.
    it's ok bro, I'm no expert too, we all learn new things everyday

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by FuEl View Post
    If you guys want a voice, as individuals we cannot do much. One way is to register as a society. I have thought about it. In order to do so, we need the details of at least 10 people to register. These 10 people better not have anything illegal being kept at their home address just in case AVA wants to check on us. On my side I can maybe find only 5-6 people, including myself. How many of you are willing to clear your stuffs for the time being?
    Bro fuel, you know you can count me in, I don't have anything illegal... only have the ones on AVA approve list

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

$30+ for normal green/brown (they will change color depending on mood). Price fair?
    Aquafauna Supplies
    [email protected]
    Distributor for Algagen

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

That price is fair to me doh.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I want 2 gtf.
    wattovader
    Green tree frog wanted

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by FuEl View Post

I'm not a supporter of wild-caught specimens... or anything against the law anyways so I'm definitely in... I wrote a letter to the AVA a few years back in my Uni days trying to appeal for herps and reptiles which are farm bred and widely already available as pets to be brought in Singapore to in fact counter the illegal trade in poached animals...

Well though my reasoning was sound and notable, they didnt snail mail or even email me a reply guess it was bad timing think we were having some other major health concern back then...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Oh yeah... in case y'all missed my previous post

my contribution to the pool...

zoothefreak = 2 WTFs (will only take in more if I can fit a bigger tank somewhere in my house)

and yeah the price is fair...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I wrote to straits times too. All AVA did was give the standard template reply, which never addressed my questions. Every time try to talk reason they reply the same way, makes one want to vomit blood.
    Aquafauna Supplies
    [email protected]
    Distributor for Algagen

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Guess the moderators are taking a long time approving my thread in the Mass Order section.

Let's do it here then... think we try and target 100 frogs?

Fingerling = 5
    zoothefreak = 2
    wattovader = 2
    dkk08 = 10
    Last edited by dkk08; 23rd May 2009 at 16:09.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Fingerling = 5
    zoothefreak = 2
    wattovader = 2
    dkk08 = 10
    iamdanny = 5

Feedback Score
    Country
    Thailand

naam naam... see, some people talk so much but only order 2!!! what a joke hahahaha, looks like this will not be a success...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Altum_lover76 View Post
    erh... i think it would be wise if we refrain from discussing about AVA and how knowledgeable they are here. we wouldn't want to invite trouble here right?

After all, we have to give them due credits for some of the initiative that they have like the breeding of the arrowana fish.

from what i understand, they have also tried to breed the clown loach but have little success so far.

As ardent supporters of the aquarium trade, what we can do is to help the local authority by passionately promoting this God given hobby within the legal boundaries set down by our land with the hope that one fine day, they will be more "liberal" in the choice that we can have.

Who knows, one fine day they may even allow us to have more exotic stuffs if we can show them that the local community is mature and responsible enough to handle the faunas.

Currently, there are too many wild imports roaming free out there if you know what i mean. Noty entirely our fault. But what we can do is to help by educating the general public through events like the aquarama or maybe even through the workshops that i have been conducting in schools...

Prehaps the local forums can come together and do something?

Just my 2 cents worth.

Couldnt agree with you more. Please Moluccan,lest you have the intention to contribute to the order, either go make a new thread and leave your comments that are unrelated to this thread there or just keep them to yourself.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

What moluccan says makes perfect sense. People go through all the trouble to bring in orders because certain people are looking for these frogs, and in the end they only buy 2.

This is exactly the reason why QH does not want to bring in..because it is not profitable. Anyone with a good business sense will not bring in a small quantity. If they bring in a large quantity for someone who has been asking them to bring in, and the person who is actually asking only buys 2, what will the people bringing them in think? They go through all the trouble to bring in and they get stuck with stock?

You buy 2 pcs..what if something happens to those 2? Where are you going to get the frogs again? Consolidate another bulk order? Anyone who really knows the trouble of arranging such an order will not just order 2 pcs.

If we cannot even hit 50 pcs, I can understand why QH does'nt want to bring in.
    Last edited by FuEl; 24th May 2009 at 01:56.
    Aquafauna Supplies
    [email protected]
    Distributor for Algagen

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yes it does make sense on his part, but the part where Moluccan states that looks like this will not be a sucess? We've only attempted this mass order list 2 days ago and we'll need all the support we can get from fellow hobbyists to bring them in and stir a public interest in these animals. So instead of putting in negative comments.. why dont contribute? Order more then to make up for that small amount of " 2 ". I believe everyone has the right to the amount they want to order. He may only be able to house 2 frogs, we'd never know. Thats the reason why we are consolidating this mass order, everyone chips in, and get what they want in the end happy...

The thing is now, its not known if anyone in Singapore has any ***, thats why the only way to get them is to bring them in. But after a mass order happens, fellow hobbyists would have them, and probably breed them. So i dont think there would even be a need for another mass order to take place say for the example you mentioned if the 2 frogs he ordered passed on etc. He'll just have to get it from a someone willing to sell.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Thailand

fingerling i may look like someone with less than 10 posts who doesn't know shit. but i know my stuff. you guys will NEVER EVER get an approval from AVA for sure 100%. if anyone gets the approval i will quit the forum. if anyone can get the frogs around here will be Fuel. no offence, im just stating facts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Moluccan, since you are so strong on your stand, and ive NEVER had any dealings etc with the AVA ( so i dont know how they function or are they really as **** as they are made up to be ) i believe youve facts where you are coming from and only have concerns for the people who are going to all the efforts to bring them in.

Quit the forums?? haha dont have to go to those extremes!! This is a site where we learn and share our experiences from. No offence taken. .

Cheers.
    Would Fuel like to take charge of the mass order of these frogs then? After theyve gotten an approval.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by moluccan View Post
    fingerling i may look like someone with less than 10 posts who doesn't know shit. but i know my stuff. you guys will NEVER EVER get an approval from AVA for sure 100%. if anyone gets the approval i will quit the forum. if anyone can get the frogs around here will be Fuel. no offence, im just stating facts.
    FYI, you quitting or not quitting the forum dosn't make ANY effect to the forum. i hate the way you talk. people here are trying their best to bring those frogs in, and you are here making a fool of yourself and not contributing to the thread.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast