Country
    Singapore

Re: My DIY MH light Stand

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by windcharm View Post
    Hi Blue whale, no treatment has been done for the stand at all.
    ^^ looks good. Still need to visually check at interval on the bolts for rust. If I am the one doing, I will scrap off the paint, put red paint, re-coat 3 layers of paints to make it lasting. Tried that on my door grills, took me 1 week to finish the job...back breaker job. So far 10 years no rust or paint coming off.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Whale View Post
    ^^ looks good. Still need to visually check at interval on the bolts for rust. If I am the one doing, I will scrap off the paint, put red paint, re-coat 3 layers of paints to make it lasting. Tried that on my door grills, took me 1 week to finish the job...back breaker job. So far 10 years no rust or paint coming off.
    I bet so especially the scraping!
    Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift...
    That's why it's called the present.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I bet so especially the scraping!
    bobian (no choice) leh, once you have your own house, got to do maintainence, things get piled up after 5-10 years, one tend to buy more and more stuffs until the house get "occupied", ventilation of rooms becomes a problem. So far after 10 years, I'd say not a bad job. Keep your top windows open (if any) to ventilate the living room when you not around. Nevermind about the curtains, there should still be ventilating effect there.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi felix, I thought of using these too, but the stolman posts will need drillings which I try to avoid. In fact, I have a few stolman posts at home, and I using some of them to fix it at my balcony for my plants instead.
    Ohh, Ic you have drill phobia too

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Whale View Post
    bobian (no choice) leh, once you have your own house, got to do maintainence, things get piled up after 5-10 years, one tend to buy more and more stuffs until the house get "occupied", ventilation of rooms becomes a problem. So far after 10 years, I'd say not a bad job. Keep your top windows open (if any) to ventilate the living room when you not around. Nevermind about the curtains, there should still be ventilating effect there.
    Wow, BW the last time i did multi coat painting us for my walls. which had to be repainted after 1 year. but they were really lasting
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    Ohh, Ic you have drill phobia too
    Yes...My concrete wall is really hard! Need to have a more powerful drill to do that..My black and decker won't do the job.
    Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift...
    That's why it's called the present.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Yes...My concrete wall is really hard! Need to have a more powerful drill to do that..My black and decker won't do the job.
    Your mounting will still enough to hold the MH-Light's weight, Luckily its same colour as your wall
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    Wow, BW the last time i did multi coat painting us for my walls. which had to be repainted after 1 year. but they were really lasting
    Wall don't say lah. My walls are greenish blue (Not exactly cyan). 10 years going 11. No issue also. Metal grills are different. Ceilings are the real killer. Neck breakers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12