1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Melafix

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Other than being a great medication to cure bacterial infections ( cloudy eye, fin rot, blisters etc ), i do observe that it leaves this brown oil looking layer in your water, and a brown layer stuck onto your glass tank. Im curious to know what causes this brown oil looking layer to suffice. Oh and does anyone realise that the prices of melafix has increased recently. Anyone knows why? From what information i got from the LFS, its because Singapore stopped bringing supplies in from malaysia ( when it was sold cheaper ) and started manufacturing melafix locally.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Melafix

Melafix contains tea tree oil extract, perhaps that's why you see the layer in your water.
    It is usually recommended that you provide plenty of aeration when using Melafix.

Not sure about the prices though.
    - eric

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Use with caution. Some fish cannot take this. eg. Pencilfish
    Suckerfish no eat poo poo.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by elmike View Post
    I don't think this brown stuff is attributable to Melafix. Foams on the surface, yes, but brown oil-looking thingy, I don't think so.

Melafix has never been cheap. It is a good remedy for ulcers and fungus, but becareful not to breathe in too much and wash thoroughly when there's any spillage onto your skin, for it is carcinogenic. There's a dark secret hidden behind the label that few people are aware of. Check it out yourself.

The only secret i know about the label is...its cost more than the ones without. Care to share whats this hidden secret you mentioned?