8 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

worms on my rainbows!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all, i've been surfing this forum frequently for a few months now. Its really nice learning from all the experienced hobbyist here.

This is my 1st post, and i'm sad it is one that is about some problems my fishes are facing.

I have 40 brigittaes, 10 galaxies, 5 otos, 9 dwarf rainbows, 5 madagaskar rainbows and 3 boeesmani rainbows in my 4x2x2 planted tank with us fissiden on driftwood, tiger lily, various mosses and other low-maintenance plants.

2 days ago, i found 2 of my dwarf rainbows behaving weirdly, with erratic swimming, flashing and gasping at the water surface. It also seems darker-colored than the rest.

I took a good look, and realised that there are many small worms (similar to micro worms) that are grazing all over their heads, including their eyes and the area near their gills! I caught them out immediately as i did not want my entire tank to be infected.

My main concern now is that the rest of the rainbows may be infected. What medication would u gurus recommend that will be safe for me to use in this planted tank?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: worms on my rainbows!

Id recommend you use Waterlife brand medication, they are safe to plants, reliable and treat a range of infections ( varies ). What you should be looking for is the WaterLife Parazin. Id rather you find the pill form then the liquid ones.