Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: riccia !!!!! urgent !!!!!

Feedback Score

riccia !!!!! urgent !!!!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    can we cut the riccia when it grows ... ? and i found out that riccia comes out easily from the mesh ... how to improve it ? i had some string tie tightly at the 4 sides of the mesh which was taught by Mr.Chan from nature how can i improve in it ? URGENT !!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Regular trimming should keep the riccia attached to the mesh.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    another way is to tie java moss together with the riccia on wood. Once the javamoss attached to the wood, the riccia too.

If u want a more messy or pressumingly more natural way, try to stuff riccia into masses of glosso or hairgrass, they should be able to hold it down too.
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    wont that be so ugly ? i currently 4 meshes of riccia ... 2 piece of driftwood with riccia and 1 driftwood with java and christmas moss ... and some hardy plants at the background ... my riccia once bubble untill the whole mesh of it floated up ... and some riccia starts to come out ...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    just trim it lor... then it will not float up even when bubbling
    or tie some weight to it to keep it down?
    best is trim la if not the bottom might rot

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    personally, i think some mixing here and there creates some feel of wilderness and more natural looks. Amano does it all the times.

When riccia is hold down by javamoss, it will usually grow faster then the moss. If you have a wider cover, you should see mostly riccia. When its too much, just pull it out. The remaining riccia still stuck or held by the moss should grow again in no time.

Mesh is simple to use, but has many disadvantages (to me, after trying it for 2months). Collects dirt at the underneath, fishes at risk of injuring from the sharp edges etc.
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    actually, how high should the riccia grow before it needs to be trim? my riccia is abt an inch high from the mesh? shld i start trimming it?
    it has become a good hiding place for my cherry shrimp until i tot it has become fish food...[]
    Zulkifli

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Riccia need to be constantly trim to produce a finer and softer look as it grow thicker. If your Riccia is newly grown, 1 inch is quite long and you need to trim it, else the whole thing would just float out. But don't cut too much such that there's no chance for it to build its mass. After a period when it has the mass and thickness, the lower layer of Riccia will lost its buoyancy and increasing its thickness will become easier.

Feedback Score
    some riccia grow till very nice as in the whole mesh ... like nature's wan the riccia grow untill the mesh could not be seen so nice ... got 4 meshes in my foreground ... hope it can be the same as nature's ...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I believe you have clown loaches iside which do quite a bit of damage to Riccia. Do take note.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]