Hi all,

Those of you fossils from the Killies.com/Forum may be surprised to see I'm still alive---I haven't posted for so long!

Currently I have NO fish at home. I thought that day would never come but I had actually been able to survive without fish at home for at least 5 months. Thankfully, that is about to change. I got my 1.2 m tank bank, have now wired the stand and am about to setup the tank and plant it out. I'm am so excited!!!

I have 3x 30 W cool whites over the tank. I am not planning on CO2 supplementation so brighter light isn't really needed for this low tech effort. I'm using a "well-used" silica sand substrate which I have now had for about 6 years. Been growing plants in it quite well so far. :-)

I have an Aquaclear 150 for filtration and will probably turn it down so that there is as little surface disturbance as possible. This is because with my soft water, any aeration will quickly drive off any CO2.

Plant wise, I have the following standing by:
Hygrophila polysperma, corymbosa and "willow leaf"
Ludwigia arcuata (I don't think the light will be bright enough for this one)
Eichornia/Heterandria diversifolia
A range of Crypts (beckettii, pontederiifolia, wendtii forms and I think spiralis)
Echinodorus quadricostatus (would live to track down some tenellus)
Various Anubias and Java Ferns. Got a fair amount of Java moss too.
Also have some Riccia, Najas and what looks like a bit of hair grass.

Fertilizer will be fish poop and leftovers. Will add some shrimp and snails. Thinking about Otocinclus for algae control. Fish wise, the tank will be stocked with killies. I'm trying to lay my paws on some Epiplatys annulatus, in which case the entire 1.2 m tank will be dedicated to them. I may get some Endlers instead but time will tell...

I hope to post pictures soon.

Woohoo! I'm setting up my planted tank again!!!