Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First International L-Number Days: Hannover, Germany - 27th to 29th November 2009

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

First International L-Number Days: Hannover, Germany - 27th to 29th November 2009

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    It's the first ever International L-Number Days convention!
    This was brought to the attention of some members of Pleco Club Singapore (PCS) by Ingo Seidel during Aquarama '09.
    I hope to spread the knowledge that the convention and the L-numbers working group exist.
    In essence the L-Numbers Working Group's goal is to preserve them in the hobby.
    If there is futher interest and money to back that interest we may be able to plan something if enough are interested to attend.

So I present International L-Number Days... (click on title to go to their website)

Welcome to the Homepage of the L-Number-Days!

The first International L-Number-Days event will take place from the 27th to 29th of November 2009 in Hannover, Germany.

We came up with the idea to organize such an event while visiting the All Aquarium Catfish Convention in Maryland in the USA last October. Bringing aquarists and scientists from all over the world together at one meeting and offering them an interesting schedule of events turned out to be a big success. That´s the reason why we wanted to offer such an event to aquarists in Germany too.

We had a significant problem in that the events in the USA were mainly financed by big auctions on the final day, but similar sources of income were unfortunately not at our disposal. Luckily however, we found some important sponsors, that have greatly supported us so that we were able to realize this project in the end.

Why L-Number-Days?

Because of the restrictions in the import of l-numbers that we have had to live with in the last months, , the workgroup L-Numbers (AG L-Welse) was founded within the International Society ”Barben Salmler Schmerlen Welse” (IG BSSW). The job of the new workgroup is to preserve those species for the hobby, that are not or only rarely imported, by breeding them.

We thought it would be a good idea to support the work of our workgroup by organizing such an event as the L-Number-Days.

What is international about this event?

When similar events took place in other countries in the past, we’ve always learned that the hobby of keeping fishes can connect people from different nations.

As the interest in L-Numbers has even increased in the countries neighbouring Germany in the last years, we thought it would be a good idea to organize such an event in two languages. Some of the speakers come from abroad anyway, so we would have had to translate their talks into German anyway.

But we have planned even to translate the German talks into English language simultaneously and by doing this we hope to find many participants from other countries, too.

L-Number-Days, a one-day wonder?

If this event becomes a success, which we really think it will become because of the reaction we’ve got so far, we will try to organize a similar event every two years.

We already have several ideas for the second International L-Number-Days, so that we would certainly be able to organize a second event with the same topic.

But if the interests of the aquarists will change in the next years, we could probably even organize the first International Corydoras-Days or an event under a different name in the future.
    celticfish
    It is a good day to die!!!
    I finally uploaded an avatar and Cupid is dead!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: First International L-Number Days: Hannover, Germany - 27th to 29th November 2009

Very informative. Thanks bro!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: First International L-Number Days: Hannover, Germany - 27th to 29th November 2009

this is a good event for L-number enthusiasts to attend!

too bad... no extra moolah... (the airticket is the killer....)
    lifeisfullofemptypromisesandbrokendreams
    Hypancistrus and Tanganyikan cichlids breeding

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

so whos going ??
    L46 . L173 . L66 . L333 . L399 . L174 . L144 . Lower
    Xingu .

Feedback Score
    Country
    Netherlands

so you are going to hannover and you take your 20 l46 with you whats your price

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Exclamation Re: First International L-Number Days: Hannover, Germany - 27th to 29th November 2009

ME!!

Heads up for all interested.
    Lufthansa is having a current promotion (below quote from their Newsletter):

"And the attractive fare starts from SGD 889* inclusive of all taxes and surcharges. So, plan your next visit to the most enchanting cities in Europe with this fantastic valued flights and enjoy unforgettable moments.

Valid for bookings made online from 25 to 29 June 2009 only and travel period from 1 September until 18 December 2009."

I made an online enquiry and got a ticket price of SGD$1,071 !!!
    Dates of travel from 26th to 29th November 2009.
    So the whole cost for the convention (ticket, room and board for above dates) will be around SGD$2,000.
    Mind you the above estimate does not include eating like a King or extra R&R days.
    The accomation is about Euro$60 per day for you to estimate the extra if you decide to stay on or arrive earlier.
    And figure on Euro$10-20 for each basic meal.

The Iron is HOT so strike before Monday.
    I have two confirmed attendance on hand.
    Anyone wishing to join in please update this post or PM me.
    We should be able to finalize the time table by this Saturday so you can have some time to consider and book your flight.
    Note booking and price for the above flight price is very specific, as in "fly in for convention and fly out after convention".

So how much do you love your L-numbers?!?
    celticfish

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

About 30 minutes before close of ticket deal!
    Tickets already booked for the two mentioned (myself included).
    There may be another deal sometime later but don't hold your breath.

Anyone who decides to join in later and wants our flight details can PM or post on this thread.

Now for the time to pass...
    celticfish

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Its drakeho or johannes who is going ?? You guys are so passionate. Don't tell me you guys also attending ADA party in October Kaoz. This sounds like business trip for hobby..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by barmby View Post
    Its drakeho or johannes who is going ?? You guys are so passionate. Don't tell me you guys also attending ADA party in October Kaoz. This sounds like business trip for hobby..
    its chillibrabz la bro... i wish i could...
    lifeisfullofemptypromisesandbrokendreams
    Hypancistrus and Tanganyikan cichlids breeding

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

The Lufthanse super-sale to Europe is back!!!
    Here's another chance if you missed the last booking.

Missed out on our last Lufthansa Weekend Sale to Europe?
    Do not worry, we are back again with great bargains.

Lufthansa offers you a round trip fare to over 40 European destinations at an irresistable starting price from SGD 889*, of course including taxes and surcharges.

This Friday, 31 July 2009, click on to our lufthansa.com website and book your flight to your dream destination within Europe.

Special offer is valid for bookings made from 31 July to 02 August 2009 only.

Our dates of travel are 25th to 30th October.
    You need only be there 27th to 29th October for the convention though.
    I checked the ticket price and its only SGD$ 1070 !!!

Added: Link to Lufthanse website ---> here
    Last edited by celticfish; 1st Aug 2009 at 11:49. Reason: Add link
    celticfish

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

The plot gets thicker....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

This thread is giving me a real headache
    Any AQ group discount further ? Hahaha

Would love to go man but ...
    Dont think I can survive the 14 hours flight man !!
    Xingu .

Somewhere on a tiny Island call Sillypore
    Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Can can, sit first class 24hrs also can survive. Branded toiletries, blanket, sleeping robe, personal stewardess that greets you by your name... Can pre-order special food somemore if SIA. But you guys must be quick, limited seats only, i think 12 only if i'm not wrong
    Eugene (^_^)
    De Dwergcichlide Fanatiek
    Now swimming: Plecos and Apistogrammas

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

remember the Singapore importation rules for fishes, 50 pcs in no more than three litres of water. best to pack into unleakable containers and check into luggage. do not hand carry. No CITES protected animals allowed.

do not pack the containers more than half-filled with water, and try to starve the fishes before flying.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Dont think I can afford SGD10K flight tickets . I think better stay around in singapore and pass my wish list to them .
    Xingu .

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

drakeho, you should go!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Yo Barmby ! I would sure go for it if got the spare bullets to sit in first class I cant even stand a 5 hours flight ... Not to say 14 hours ! . Just too bad ... Bullets are limited
    Xingu .

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Erm.. Sell your prized assets

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Thank for the heads-up on the limit hwchoy!

Here's another deal valid till 6th September ---> here
    I checked the cost and it comes up to SGD$1,159.
    Its a marginal increase and I suspect future "deals" will only come higher.
    But I maybe wrong since there's some time before the convention.
    celticfish

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Here's an article done from aquanet.de

Report with some pictures done by Jessica L. ---> here and page2

Enjoy!
    celticfish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast