Country
    Singapore

CO2 solenoid valve

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys/gals

Currently i have a manual co2 set. I intend to upgrade to the solinoid valve which i understand can be auto on/off with ur lighting set throgh a timer. The question is:

1 How/where can i purchase a solenoid valve set (without the tank & other accessories) and install it to my current co2 set.

2 Roughly what the price for a solenoid valve (new/2nd hand )

3 What i noticed that a solenoid valve have 2 nos. of needle gauge while my manual have only one. What kind of readings does they shows? pressure flow, etc?

4 Should i use diffuser or reactor? whats the exact difference between them. Iwas advice from a friend 2 pot for the reactor due to higher % of c02 water dissolvence. If that the case, whats the most cost effective (cheap lah!brand/type to buy? wats the guideline of buying one?

5 lastly can i used the normal rubber tubing (usually used for ur air bubble)for the CO2 set? the one i have currently is for co2 and r rather hard & not really flexible.

Phew!

Thanx

[:]
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things that I can, and the wisdom to know the difference

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    You can try Nature Aquarium.They sell JBJ solenoid valve for CO2 tank. Pls refer to the LFS list for the add. If let say u scare that the valve doesn't fit, try to bring along the tank and for Mr Chan to fit for you the solenoid valve.

Cheers....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 3/15/2003 11:18:46 AM

You can try Nature Aquarium.They sell JBJ solenoid valve for CO2 tank. Pls refer to the LFS list for the add. If let say u scare that the valve doesn't fit, try to bring along the tank and for Mr Chan to fit for you the solenoid valve.

Cheers....

----------------
    Thanx bro
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things that I can, and the wisdom to know the difference

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I suggest you go get the all in one types (JBJ brand) from either keong seong or elsewhere.

your current regulator is worth 40 at most (resale maybe $5..lol) mucking around with it is more risk than anything.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Agree with Chris on this.... getting a new regulator that c/w a solenoid would make more sense in terms convenience and reliabilty. With all your effort to modify yur present regulator, things might juz go wrong and you're left to get a regulator with solenoid valve that we mentioned. In terms of price, I dun think you'll save much as the valve is rather expensive. And when you find the valve, you may have a problem matching the fitting. Quite a hassle if you ask me.

Anyway, decision is still yours. We're merely juz suggesting. Good Luck!
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    thanx for the feedback. Probably buying a new set of solenoid valve and replace tha entire manual set is the best option. Only the gas cylinder remains recycle. Is that what u guys means. The manual one can give 2 those who needs it.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    That's exactly wat I mean... if you need to pass someone the manaul regulator, I'm more than happy to help you on this part... []
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Well not a bad idea. Any of u guys knows ats the price range of the solenoid valve? heard its about $150. Probably out there some bros want 2 sell 2nd hand? Or at least can offset a bit from the sale of my manual reg?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    the jbj one costs $130 at petmart