Country
    Singapore

Help! Clown Killifish Upside down

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi everyone
    My male clown killifish looks like its going to die and keep hovering upside down... looks pale but i cant spot any diseases... the eyes are no longer blue but the fins looks okay... then it also cannot swim properly... can someone suggest some immediate treatments i can help?? please please!!!
    Cheers!
    griffinkid

Keeping | Nannostomus Eques, Pseudomugil furcatus, Sphaerichthys osphromenoides, Pseudepiplatys annulatus and Corydoras hastatus |

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Help! Clown Killifish Upside down

update*
    after i touch the fish with my net it flip back over but i observe that the fins both dorsal and anal are not moving they are staying still. could it be some fin paralysis or something?
    Cheers!
    griffinkid

Keeping | Nannostomus Eques, Pseudomugil furcatus, Sphaerichthys osphromenoides, Pseudepiplatys annulatus and Corydoras hastatus |

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

** update again
    the fins can move but my clown killie only flips it to get away from e current.. other than that he just stay still and not move
    Cheers!
    griffinkid

Feedback Score
    Country
    England

Sounds like the swim bladder has gone,Nothing can be done that I know of to make it better,should really kill it to put it out of its misery but someone else may know a remedy.Jim

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hmmm.. Could be a parasite / worm problem.. I recommend you read the sticky post on Camallanus Worms under the killies sub forums.
    Cheers,
    Bernard
    Kept (no more ) Betta persephone, B. miniopinna, B. sp. palangkaraya, B. uberis, B. channoides, B. burdigala
    Pseudepiplatys annulatus, Nannostomus eques

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

ooo okay thanks for your help! but guess what? My Killie's dead...
    Cheers!
    griffinkid

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I have kept alot of clown killies in my life and I have also lost alot, the one major problem why they die is because of bacteria. Do not overfeed and do not feed live food, they have very weak immunity even when all the other fishes are doing well. Eventhough, they may grow very well with live food, avoid it, it is better to go with frozen daphnia from Hikari or similar brands. Also, regular water change and regular dosing of good bacteria is very important. Adding vitamin and minerals like geo-liquid does help too.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

oh! yea but what kind of good bacteria do you mean? thanks for your advice jungle-mania!! now thinking if i should replace the lost killies... left 1 pair in the tank now and constantly monitoring them >.< stressful!
    Cheers!
    griffinkid