Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

plant selection

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    would anyone kindly recommend what would be good plants to grow in the background?i'm looking for tall bushy ones...is MM one such plant?Also,i thought twisted vallis was supposed to grow tall too but they never grew in my tank..
    For the foreground,i'm hoping to achieve a dense carpet of hairgrass.will they spread n populate the land as glosso n e.tenellus do or do i have to plant everything?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hairgrass will spread but u need patience.At first grow so slow u wish u never try it but after a while it will growth like mad and the whole become very dense.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 3/19/2003 2:08:51 AM

would anyone kindly recommend what would be good plants to grow in the background?i'm looking for tall bushy ones...is MM one such plant?Also,i thought twisted vallis was supposed to grow tall too but they never grew in my tank..
    For the foreground,i'm hoping to achieve a dense carpet of hairgrass.will they spread n populate the land as glosso n e.tenellus do or do i have to plant everything?
    ----------------
    How big is your tank? There are plants that can grow big and bushy.
    If you try MM, I am afraid the bottom portions won't get enough light when they grow too tall and bushy.
    I also have problems with Corkscrew Val in my tanks. Don't seem to grow tall. If you like such plants, can consider Sagittaria subulata.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi ziliang, I recommend Hygrophila difformis and Hygrophila polysperma as background plants. They get tall and bushy in a matter of weeks if the tank condition is conducive to their growth.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hygrophila Corymbosa is tall and bushy. May want to try that.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i've got hygrophilia difformis....but it is not tall...more of a middle ground plant...anyway does teo plant supplier have a large range of plants where i can choose from?
    i'm trying to achieve that dense look thats why i'm looking for tall bushy plants