Images
    Country
    England

Rhinogobius eggs

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I've had a group of Rhinogobius for around 6 weeks I believe them to be R. giurinus two of them paired off and spent about 1 week in a filter that I'd turned off, I decided to evict them and supplied some alternative accomodation (some small pipes). They some took to their new home and 4 days ago I noticed some eggs being guarded by the male.

here are a couple of poor quality pics.

I'm thinking of moving them to a small tank as them are in a tank with barbs loaches etc so have no chance of survival. Should I keep the male with them?

Any other tips on raising them?
    Steven

Feedback Score
    Country
    England

Re: Rhinogobius eggs

Hi Steven fantastic that was quick! I'd keep the male with them until they hatch. If they're anything like Mogurnda he'll start to eat them once they're free swimming but will do a good job of caring for them until then. I guess they'll need very small food at first so perhaps get an infusoria culture ready?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Congrats afroturf! I don't think many people have bred these. Do keep us updated on how they do.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England

Hi the hatched a day ago and I didn't any other accomodation for them so I'm affraid non would have made it.

I will have a new tank setup for the next time, should I move all 6 (2m/4f) in the tank or wait till the or a pair are noticable again?
    Steven