Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: HELP ... Chiller Problem ...

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    does your chiller start and stop often? or is it run 24 hours? I'm saying this because you set at 24 but your temperature reading on the chiller is 27-28. That mean your chiller never stop working. This indicate that your chiller power is too low. Normally chiller will stop working once target temperature reached.

Higher flowrate will reduce those start stop and reduce the electricity bill.
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    does your chiller start and stop often? or is it run 24 hours? I'm saying this because you set at 24 but your temperature reading on the chiller is 27-28. That mean your chiller never stop working. This indicate that your chiller power is too low. Normally chiller will stop working once target temperature reached.

Higher flowrate will reduce those start stop and reduce the electricity bill.
    Yes , my chiller is running non-stop ... It didn't stop because it have not reached the targeted setting i intailly set which is 24c ... Thats why ... It just cannot go even lower ... So meaning that even if i set a powerhead , it will still not bring down the tempreture ? Mind if i ask what else can i use to bring down the tempreture ... ? Please Advise ...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

does the fan running?
    Based on your info, my guess is either the chiller spoiled or its power to low.
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

does the fan running?
    Based on your info, my guess is either the chiller spoiled or its power to low.
    I did sucpect that as well ... my pin is those kind from taiwan as i think this chiller is brought from taiwan or thailand ... the pin seems so funny ... the pic below is something like how it looks ... what i need to make the conversation ?
    Last edited by louislkl; 4th Sep 2009 at 13:23.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Louis,

I did a volume calculation and it seems the amount of water in your tank is about 192 liters. Your chiller will defiantly be able to support this volume as this chiller could refrigerate up to 400 liters. Whats more, your tank volume is less than half of the refrigeration capacity and what about the things like plants, wood and substrate you put in your tank will offset your true volume as they all take up some amount of volume. It does not matter how long your tank is be it 3ft, what is more important is the volume and output flow rate of your filter or pump. I recommend a filter or pump with flow rate of 1000 liters per hour. By the way I am using a HC 150A too. Temp set at 25C. Kicks in for 20 to 30 mins

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by christopher.wtc View Post
    Hi Louis,

I did a volume calculation and it seems the amount of water in your tank is about 192 liters. Your chiller will defiantly be able to support this volume as this chiller could refrigerate up to 400 liters. Whats more, your tank volume is less than half of the refrigeration capacity and what about the things like plants, wood and substrate you put in your tank will offset your true volume as they all take up some amount of volume. It does not matter how long your tank is be it 3ft, what is more important is the volume and output flow rate of your filter or pump. I recommend a filter or pump with flow rate of 1000 liters per hour. By the way I am using a HC 150A too. Temp set at 25C. Kicks in for 20 to 30 mins
    I'm really sorry if i were to ask some noob questions ... I'm using Atman C1000 but i do not know what is the flow rate ... where can i see from ? as my boss have already threw away the box ... If my filter is not powerful enough , what can be added to increase the flow rate ?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by christopher.wtc View Post
    I am using a HC 150A too. Temp set at 25C. Kicks in for 20 to 30 mins
    You are using HC-150A, he is using HC-150C. Does both same model?
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by louislkl View Post
    I'm really sorry if i were to ask some noob questions ... I'm using Atman C1000 but i do not know what is the flow rate ... where can i see from ? as my boss have already threw away the box ... If my filter is not powerful enough , what can be added to increase the flow rate ?
    Normally this information is stick on the back of your chiller or filter. Sometimes it is at the bottom, so you need to lift it a bit.
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

You are using HC-150A, he is using HC-150C. Does both same model?
    Oh ya , i'm sorry for the wrong infomation given ... Its HC-150A not C , i mis-seen it .... Sorry ... so meaning that a powerful filter can still workable ? Can check with you guys , is Eheim 2226 or Fluval Filter 404 work ? What is the size that a CL280 Chill ?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Normally this information is stick on the back of your chiller or filter. Sometimes it is at the bottom, so you need to lift it a bit.
    Ok , i'll try looking below and check the specs ... If currently my filter doesn't work , meaning that my Atman C1000 is not powerful enough ...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Weird ~~ I cant seems to find any detail on this Eheim filter 2226 , is there such a model ... Could anyone help me post a link regarding this filter ...

URGENT ~~ Thanks in advance ...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Weird ~~ I cant seems to find any detail on this Eheim filter 2226 , is there such a model ... Could anyone help me post a link regarding this filter ...

URGENT ~~ Thanks in advance ...
    Here you go.
    Eheim Pro Series:
    http://www.eheimasiapacific.com/prod...ilter_pro.html

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin Koh View Post
    Great thanks bro , may i ask Pump output approx meaning its flow rate ?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Great thanks bro , may i ask Pump output approx meaning its flow rate ?
    Yes, but that's the flow rate without any load (filter media + height of pipes). Realistically, it is probably much less with filter media.

You ought to compare the flowrate to your current filter's specifications to see what the difference is. From there, deduce whether the swap of filter is going to help at all. Good luck!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin Koh View Post
    Yes, but that's the flow rate without any load (filter media + height of pipes). Realistically, it is probably much less with filter media.

You ought to compare the flowrate to your current filter's specifications to see what the difference is. From there, deduce whether the swap of filter is going to help at all. Good luck!
    Alvin you are right. A cannister filter will never achieve what is stated in the filter's specification. You need to minus off the resistant like media, width and lenght of the input and output pipe, the height/place where the cannister is placed.

Therefore, some of them actually use external/internal power head with a pre-filter sponge to drive the chiller instead which take away the resistance of the media. This will provide a better flow rate as compared to a cannister filter (cannister filter will "cloak" up easier over time and thus the flow rate will be reduce further).
    Last edited by windcharm; 8th Jul 2009 at 16:59.
    Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift...
    That's why it's called the present.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by windcharm View Post
    Alvin you are right. A cannister filter will never achieve what is stated in the filter's specification. You need to minus off the resistant like media, width and lenght of the input and output pipe, the height/place where the cannister is placed.

Therefore, some of them actually use external/internal power head with a pre-filter sponge to drive the chiller instead which take away the resistance of the media. This will provide a better flow rate as compared to a cannister filter (cannister filter will "cloak" up easier over time and thus the flow rate will be reduce further).
    Icic , Mind if i ask if a powerhead have flow rate as well ... That aqua bee you have , what is the flow rate ?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Icic , Mind if i ask if a powerhead have flow rate as well ... That aqua bee you have , what is the flow rate ?
    Aqua Bee 2000i specification

Features
    - For fresh and seawater.
    - Non-pressuring or filter pump.
    - Submerged, or installed above water level.
    - Minimum-noise operation.
    - Long useful life due to ceramic shaft.
    - Low power consumption.
    - Compact design, high performance.
    - Proper filtrationcartridge as option.

Specifications
    - Watt: 38
    - L/h: 2000
    - H-max.: 3.0m

To futher reduce the run in frequency of the chiller, I did some customization to my chiller by connecting it to an external temperature sensor (about 15 dollars) which is placed into my fish tank. This takes a more accurate reading of my actual tank temperature instead of the water temperature in the chiller compartment.

Hope this helps
    Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift...
    That's why it's called the present.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Oh ya , i'm sorry for the wrong infomation given ... Its HC-150A not C , i mis-seen it .... Sorry ... so meaning that a powerful filter can still workable ? Can check with you guys , is Eheim 2226 or Fluval Filter 404 work ? What is the size that a CL280 Chill ?
    HC-150A is the same as Resun CL-280, both are 1/10hp. Should be able to cool 3ft tank.
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

chiller run 24/7 still at 28C? something is wrong with the chiller. get it checked.
    Cheers,
    Melvin Lim

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

HC-150A is the same as Resun CL-280, both are 1/10hp. Should be able to cool 3ft tank.
    But its still running at a quite high tempreture man ... i've just checked the tempreture and it shows 29c ... What happen man ... Does my external filter make the difference ? Using Atman C1000 ... Please advise ... Really great thanks to those who really show interest in helping me out ... Thanks ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast