Country
    Singapore

Re: HELP ... Chiller Problem ...

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by mordrake View Post
    chiller run 24/7 still at 28C? something is wrong with the chiller. get it checked.
    I suspect it my filter problem , maybe its not strong enough ... Mind if i ask can the chiller intake and output water if running on its own ? If so , i might want to decomm the chiller and run in a pail with lesser water to see if it chills to 25c ... Please advise if this could help me check my chiller working condition ? Thanks in advance ...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Help us to help you.

1) Where is the chiller placed?

2) Using a normal thermometer, measure what's the tank water temperature now and what's the temperature shown on the chiller.

3) How long are the hose connected to your chiller and filter?

4) Any other stuff connected to the chiller and filter?
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    You are using HC-150A, he is using HC-150C. Does both same model?
    What I know there is not a HC 150C model. An error in print on box may explain why.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

It is not possible for a chiller to work without a pump or filter. You can test to see if your chiller is working by filling water into it. Do not connect it to your tank when checking it this way. Just water in chiller will do. Observe the temp on your chiller and see if it goes down. With that small amount of water in your chiller, it will easily and quickly cool down the small volume of water to your set temp. If it does not, I will suspect that your chiller is faulty.

Good luck bro.

Quote Originally Posted by louislkl View Post
    I suspect it my filter problem , maybe its not strong enough ... Mind if i ask can the chiller intake and output water if running on its own ? If so , i might want to decomm the chiller and run in a pail with lesser water to see if it chills to 25c ... Please advise if this could help me check my chiller working condition ? Thanks in advance ...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Help us to help you.

1) Where is the chiller placed?

2) Using a normal thermometer, measure what's the tank water temperature now and what's the temperature shown on the chiller.

3) How long are the hose connected to your chiller and filter?

4) Any other stuff connected to the chiller and filter?
    Thanks Thanks ...
    1) Its place below my tank ... Its a iron tier where you can put 2 tanks on a rack ... top and bottom ... the tank is above and the chiller and filter are place blow ...

2) Thermometer shows 31c ...

3) From tank to inlet of filter - Around 4ft
    From oulet of filter to inlet of chiller - Around 1.5ft
    From outlet of the chiller to tank - Around 3.5ft

4) No , nothing else is connected there ... from tank under gravel filter tray connected directly to inlet of filter , from outlet of the filter connected directly to the inlet of the chiller , from the outlet of the chiller runs a hose and output the water ....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by christopher.wtc View Post
    It is not possible for a chiller to work without a pump or filter. You can test to see if your chiller is working by filling water into it. Do not connect it to your tank when checking it this way. Just water in chiller will do. Observe the temp on your chiller and see if it goes down. With that small amount of water in your chiller, it will easily and quickly cool down the small volume of water to your set temp. If it does not, I will suspect that your chiller is faulty.

Good luck bro.
    Thanks bro , Just started running the chiller with water inside .... it reads 29.5c .... Will see how later ... Thanks again ... Will update later ... If worse somes to worst ... the chiller is the problem .... where can i get it repair and how much will it cost me ? Any ideas ?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

What I know there is not a HC 150C model. An error in print on box may explain why.
    Nono , not printing error ... its my eyes error ... sorry ... see wrongly ....
    sorry sorry

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks bro , Just started running the chiller with water inside .... it reads 29.5c .... Will see how later ... Thanks again ... Will update later ... If worse somes to worst ... the chiller is the problem .... where can i get it repair and how much will it cost me ? Any ideas ?
    I hope its working . If it's not, you may send it to Bioplast at Boon Keng for repair. Do note that water will cool really fast when tested this way. I found this method while changing water with my filter unplugged. The remaining movementless water in the chiller cools down to even below my set temp within seconds.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Nono , not printing error ... its my eyes error ... sorry ... see wrongly ....
    sorry sorry
    No worries we are human after all

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia

you can try covering the sides and back of your tank with styrofoam. this will minimize heat absorption from the surrounding areas.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I hope its working . If it's not, you may send it to Bioplast at Boon Keng for repair. Do note that water will cool really fast when tested this way. I found this method while changing water with my filter unplugged. The remaining movementless water in the chiller cools down to even below my set temp within seconds.
    Hey bros , guess what .... I'm dead .... it reads 30.2c now ... I"M DOOM .... wahahaha ..... Ok , next ... where is bioplast and roughly how much will it cost me ....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

No worries we are human after all
    Thank Thanks ... Stupid me ....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by tawauboy View Post
    you can try covering the sides and back of your tank with styrofoam. this will minimize heat absorption from the surrounding areas.
    Thank for the advise , but i guess this time round it might the chiller is faulty ... i tried chilling it only with water in the chiller but instead of chilling the water , it raises ... i wonder is a heater is cheaper and faster .... Wahaha ... I'm a sad man now ... wahahah ....

Thanks everyone for the helping hands man .... will post more update when i get the chiller fixed ... BTW , its a CRS tank i'm setting up ... Wish me luck man ...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

1) Louis, what type of lighting are you using?
    2) What setup are you keeping, a fish tank or a planted tank?
    3) Is the lower rack of the tank covered with a cloth to hide the equipment or is it an open rack?
    4) Do you have the instruction for the chiller?

My experience tell me it's underpowered. I had a Resun CL-650 goes bang in the night, releasing refrigerant all over. Same symptom, running non-stop. Or, the temperature calibration of the water is off on the chiller.

You can also use google to find out on other stuff if you do not know what they are.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

1) Louis, what type of lighting are you using?
    2) What setup are you keeping, a fish tank or a planted tank?
    3) Is the lower rack of the tank covered with a cloth to hide the equipment or is it an open rack?
    4) Do you have the instruction for the chiller?

My experience tell me it's underpowered. I had a Resun CL-650 goes bang in the night, releasing refrigerant all over. Same symptom, running non-stop. Or, the temperature calibration of the water is off on the chiller.

You can also use google to find out on other stuff if you do not know what they are.
    Hi , MOD BFG ... Currently i'm only cycling my tank for CRS ... so i somehow need the tempreture to reach 25c ... The lower rack is open ... i do not have the manual for the chiller as i think its been thrown away by my boss ...

Don't mind , can you look at my post #24 , i posted a picture of my chiler's plug which looks nothing farmilar to me ... Is it that i need a adaptor to convert the power ? Please advise if i only need a adaptor and not repair the whole chiller ...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

The plug is not the problem but there are adapter plug that fits to your plug. The adapter does not convert the power but to adapt the plug into our local one. Maybe you could bring the chiller down to System and Control at Kallang. Search this lfs in the lfs directory.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

The plug is not the problem but there are adapter plug that fits to your plug. The adapter does not convert the power but to adapt the plug into our local one. Maybe you could bring the chiller down to System and Control at Kallang. Search this lfs in the lfs directory.
    Icic , Thanks alot for the info ... I'll search for it and drop them a call ... Mind if i ask if they repair chillers as well ... Hoping to kill 2 birsds with 1 stone ... if worse comes to worst the chiller is spoiled , could they repair for me ... mind if i ask the rough cost ...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

maybe it's time to top up the gas in your chiller... i guess this chiller must have been used for quite a while in your boss's house?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Earth View Post
    maybe it's time to top up the gas in your chiller... i guess this chiller must have been used for quite a while in your boss's house?
    Topping up of gas ?? Sound cheaper ... Wahaha ... Really can just top up my chiller gas ? Where can i do topping as i stay at pasir ris .... Please advise ....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Icic , Thanks alot for the info ... I'll search for it and drop them a call ... Mind if i ask if they repair chillers as well ... Hoping to kill 2 birsds with 1 stone ... if worse comes to worst the chiller is spoiled , could they repair for me ... mind if i ask the rough cost ...
    Depending on what component is spoilt, repair costs can vary. COmmon problems include leaking of coolant, faulty fan or insufficient coolant. Hope you can get to fix your chiller soon louis

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast