Country
    Singapore

Re: HELP ... Chiller Problem ...

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    Depending on what component is spoilt, repair costs can vary. COmmon problems include leaking of coolant, faulty fan or insufficient coolant. Hope you can get to fix your chiller soon louis
    Thanks Bro Cross ... , Ya hopefully can get them settle soon ... now my tank has stop move ... a dead tank ... WAhahaa

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by louislkl View Post
    Thanks Bro Cross ... , Ya hopefully can get them settle soon ... now my tank has stop move ... a dead tank ... WAhahaa
    Did u let your filter run on to keep the cycling? Hopefully once the chiller is back from cycling the tank is cycled too hehe

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    Did u let your filter run on to keep the cycling? Hopefully once the chiller is back from cycling the tank is cycled too hehe
    Ya , currently running the filter without the chiller ....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

better that you find out the problem lies with your chiller now that know it after you go and get new filter etc etc.
    get it fixed. by the time it comes back from the shop, tank cycled and ready to go.
    Cheers,
    Melvin Lim

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by mordrake View Post
    better that you find out the problem lies with your chiller now that know it after you go and get new filter etc etc.
    get it fixed. by the time it comes back from the shop, tank cycled and ready to go.

Thanks for the advise bro , i have call up the Hailea Servicing Center and they told me that mostly will be the fan or the empty gas ... changing of fan will be 50bucks which can be repair on the spot and topping up of the gas will be 120bucks and will take roughly 2hrs ... Some info if anyone might want to know .... Thanks Everyone ... Will keep you guys update of my CRS breeding 3ft Tank ....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Louis, leave the contact number for the Hailea Servicing Center in this thread so that other members may benefit if they encounter the same problem.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks for the advise bro , i have call up the Hailea Servicing Center and they told me that mostly will be the fan or the empty gas ... changing of fan will be 50bucks which can be repair on the spot and topping up of the gas will be 120bucks and will take roughly 2hrs ... Some info if anyone might want to know .... Thanks Everyone ... Will keep you guys update of my CRS breeding 3ft Tank ....
    Run your chiller with water and feel whether hot air is coming out.
    1. If no air at all, you have a faulty fan.
    2. If there is air but not hot, you may have empty gas.
    3. At the end of the spectrum, if you can feel strong hot air and yet your chiller reading is still hovering 30~29C, your thermostat may be screwed up.
    aesthetic centered on the acceptance of transcience

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Louis, leave the contact number for the Hailea Servicing Center in this thread so that other members may benefit if they encounter the same problem.
    Sure thing ... More then willingly to give a helping hands around ...

Hailea Serciving Center
    Tel : 63485930
    Person of contact : David
    Notes : They only do servicing of Hailea Chillers , and they do not sell chillers to people like me ( hobbist ) , they only do mass ordering to shops ... Appointments must be made in advance as they say that its not a shop for people to make walk-ins ...
    Services : Changing of faulty fan = SGD50 ( Collect on the spot )
    Topping up of gas = SGD120 ( Need to wait at least 2hrs )

* Will update this post when i head down to their shop and learn more about them ....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Wabi-Sabi View Post
    Run your chiller with water and feel whether hot air is coming out.
    1. If no air at all, you have a faulty fan.
    2. If there is air but not hot, you may have empty gas.
    3. At the end of the spectrum, if you can feel strong hot air and yet your chiller reading is still hovering 30~29C, your thermostat may be screwed up.
    Thanks for the advises , I will go back and try it out again ...
    1) If i'm not wrong i cannot feel that my chiller is hot , even after running it for few days of testing ...

2) Where does the air comes out ?

3) I guess my thermostat is working fine as i have use a thermometer and place it in the tank and it still reads 29c - 30c ....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks Louis, appreciate your input. Hope your problem would be solved soon.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Thanks Louis, appreciate your input. Hope your problem would be solved soon.
    Nono , i should give compliments to AQ and all fellow forummers who gave me a piece of advise ... if not so , i'll be a headless housefly flying to nowhere .... Thanks again people .... I will update this post again ....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

1) If i'm not wrong i cannot feel that my chiller is hot , even after running it for few days of testing ...

3) I guess my thermostat is working fine as i have use a thermometer and place it in the tank and it still reads 29c - 30c ....
    The hot air comes out from the back of the chiller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

There should be gushing air coming out from the back, regardless hot or not. If no air mean your fan spoiled, if there is air/wind but not hot mean your gas probably need to top up.
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

No, your chiller should not be hot but air blowing out should be hot.

Your question 2 suggests that something is wrong with the fan.

I am not sure where is the air oulet for the brand of your chiller. My Arctica chiller has a rear air outlet and Pacific Coo has a front outlet. I prefer front air discharge for the obvious reason that why would we want hot air hitting the wall and bounces back to the chilling compartment?

Nevertheless, when your chiller kicks in, air pushing out is easily felt regardless of rear or front discharge if you stand near to the chiller. By the way, did your chiller run at all? Do you hear noise like you hear in your fridge? With your dersired temperature set at 25C and the tank temp hovering 29C, it will run perpetually because the kick off temp is never reached. Was this the case?

If you chiller never runs at all, it is more problematic than faulty fan, thermostat and gas.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    There should be gushing air coming out from the back, regardless hot or not. If no air mean your fan spoiled, if there is air/wind but not hot mean your gas probably need to top up.
    No, your chiller should not be hot but air blowing out should be hot.

Your question 2 suggests that something is wrong with the fan.

I am not sure where is the air oulet for the brand of your chiller. My Arctica chiller has a rear air outlet and Pacific Coo has a front outlet. I prefer front air discharge for the obvious reason that why would we want hot air hitting the wall and bounces back to the chilling compartment?

Nevertheless, when your chiller kicks in, air pushing out is easily felt regardless of rear or front discharge if you stand near to the chiller. By the way, did your chiller run at all? Do you hear noise like you hear in your fridge? With your dersired temperature set at 25C and the tank temp hovering 29C, it will run perpetually because the kick off temp is never reached. Was this the case?

If you chiller never runs at all, it is more problematic than faulty fan, thermostat and gas.
    Thanks alot .... I guess that it might be fan problem ... i cannot feel any air ( no matter hot or cold ) , totally no air at all ....

Mind if i ask , normally how long must we top up the gas ?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

It has been a popular belief that a chiller should be serviced including topping up gas every x months or Y years. When I first got my chiller I was excited and set myself a plan to service it periodically. I was then advised by our very own local chiller supplier, Derrick, that if it ain't break, don't fix it.

Gas is circulating in an enclosed coil and if there is no leakage, don't bother to top it up. Do you top up gas for your fridge? It is the same theory. As previously discussed, the limus test for gas leakage is whether the air is hot or normal.

I have not serviced my chillers for 5-6 years and their are still kicking alive.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

It has been a popular belief that a chiller should be serviced including topping up gas every x months or Y years. When I first got my chiller I was excited and set myself a plan to service it periodically. I was then advised by our very own local chiller supplier, Derrick, that if it ain't break, don't fix it.

Gas is circulating in an enclosed coil and if there is no leakage, don't bother to top it up. Do you top up gas for your fridge? It is the same theory. As previously discussed, the limus test for gas leakage is whether the air is hot or normal.

I have not serviced my chillers for 5-6 years and their are still kicking alive.
    Icic , But seems like there isn't any air at all ... Might be the fan not working right ?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

you are right and it applies to our aircon too
    Cheers,
    Melvin Lim

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Icic , But seems like there isn't any air at all ... Might be the fan not working right ?
    The fan only on when the compressor kick in, so if it is no air/wind, try again few minutes/hours later. If still nothing, then confirm the fan. Actually you should be able to see the fan rotating or not, just open the front mesh screen (don't know what you call it). It should be open able for cleaning.
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    The fan only on when the compressor kick in, so if it is no air/wind, try again few minutes/hours later. If still nothing, then confirm the fan. Actually you should be able to see the fan rotating or not, just open the front mesh screen (don't know what you call it). It should be open able for cleaning.
    Icic ... But i tried opening the front cover , what i only see is the spiral coil all over , seems like it the compressor or something ... i do not see any fan anywhere ... Or i must dismentle even the coil ? I'm afraid i might spoil the chiller man ... WAaahahah ....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast