Country
    Singapore

flowrate for 3 feet tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    HI,

I just did up my 3 feet planted tank. Currently I have a Eheim 2028 hooked up but it is going through a teco chiller, then a CO2 reactor and then back to the tank. So would this then mean that my flowrate is insufficient? I was thinking of these few options, please let me know if this would work.

1. I was thinking of putting a koralia powerhead in the tank to disperse the CO2 to other parts. Would this be a long term solution or is it just a temporary one cause the water turnover rate is still too low?

2. I was thinking of hooking up another cannister filter. Maybe a smaller one and then to take the CO2 and hook it up to the smaller one for example a 2026 or a 2234?

Appreciate if you experts out there can help with this issue. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: flowrate for 3 feet tank

Yes, the flow rate is adversely affected after going through additional equipment. Additional power head to disperse CO2 would be nice. But before wasting money on additional equipment. Make a check on your current water circulation first,

Good way to judge, is by looking at your plants to see if they move gently when there is water current.

Another way to see if water circulation is good, is to observe when oxygen bubbles released from plants, do they go up straight or do the oxygen trail sways gently. Swaying of oxygen trails is a good sign of good water movement.

If you already have the above mentioned observation, then additional power head or extra filter will not be required despite your present hook ups of equipment. Eheim 2028 has a good flow rate in my opinion, good choice bro. Additional equipment means more pipes in your tank, I personally dislike extras in my tank but its a preference to individual.

Here is the catch, when your plants start to grow, water circulation will be affected. Do check again from time to time. I guess you learned that good water circulation is important as it distributes ferts and CO2 evenly, catching the trick of the trade fast .

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hahaha,

Yah I am doing whatever I can to make sure it works this time.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

you may also attached a pump at the outflow pipe to boost the flow between chiller & CO2 reactor.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yeah I did that but it was sooo noisy. Maybe I did not get the right one. is there any brands to recommend.??? Thanks!