Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: MELA FIX

Feedback Score

MELA FIX

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    i was recommended this medicine to treat my PNT ... when i pour in the medicine i found out that bubbles are being form ... <<-- normal ?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yup. It's normal... there's a nice smell too... keke

Feedback Score
    NO... the smell is terrible ...but notice that the smell is gone after 1hr ... and the next day medicine smell is gone in my tank ... the medicine is good !!!! 2 thumbs up for mela fix

Somehow, I find that melafix works for different fish. It worked for my arowana, but did nothing for my bettas.

Also, in certain tanks, it clouded the water, but in other tanks, the tank water remained clear even though the medication was from the same bottle.

Feedback Score
    now i'm in doubt of mela fix ... someone recommended me to use it ... it can cure my PNT ... haiz ... my PNT jus pass away ... haiz ...

Feedback Score
    hmm...
    contradicting...
    Malafix has a nice smell and somehow it doesn't turn my water cloudy at all! it makes it clearer. i use it for torn fins (very common for cichlids). just kinda like the smell

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yeah, Melafix seem to make my tank water clearer too. And I also think it smells pretty good. In fact, someone I know used Melafix as an airfreshener, after it failed to cure his bettas.[]

I use it for finrot and quarantine.
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    1 good thing botu MELA FIX is that the smell dun stay in my tank ... but medical wise ... hmmzzz ...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Oh ya! Melafix!

I once believed it was the panacea after hearing how good it was at another forum. I stocked up a closet of Melafix - bottles of 3 different ounces - and was planning a "retirment tank" for my fish[] Unfortunately, it did not measure up to its hype (that is, fr my experience). I found that sick and weakened dwarf gouramis don't do well in high concentrations of melafix... it kind of quickened their day. In all fairness, Melafix does help in curing finrot and perhaps in reducing fish stress during quarantine.

I've learnt that when it comes to fish diseases, the best practice is prevention, and that means regular water changes

mike

Feedback Score
    yea ... so think twice b4 fellow members buy their medicine ... still think the OCEAN FREE HERBAL TREATMENT is good !!!! doesn't have any side effects on my plants ...

Feedback Score
    thanks for the advice. I do think Melafix works cos I tried it on LHs for a start to test its medical effects. Both LHs got 80% torn or rather shredded fins and swollen mouths after a fight and I did the dosing based on instructions. After 5 days, the fins recovered to almost perfect state and my god-brother couldn't believe it when I told him that both LHs suffered serious torn fins injuries 5 days before that. Now I'm using it to treat a tarpon which got bitten by my arowana. So far so good. Couldn't really see the results cos it's kept in a non-transparent large container. I think it can be used for my planted tank cos no color at all. But there's no use for now cos no injury yet.
    Regards,
    Brigitte

Feedback Score
    same here too ... i uses mela fix once for my JG and it recover liaoz ...