Country
    Singapore

Water going into UV bulb glass funnel

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

I have a UV light which water is now flowing slowly into the UV bulb funnel, my UV light is model UV-CXXX can't remember the model number now. I noticed the blue light went off after I used it for a day and when I opened the unit to change the bulb which I tot it blew water came rushing out, there is no crack on the glass only at the joint on the inner part, can I use silicon to seal it? Can the silicon with stand the heat from the 9W UV? Thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi bettapassion

you may want to remove the glass tube. Fill a pail with enough water just to reach the mouth of the glass tube. Place the glass tube into the pail of water and ensure that no water is going in from the opening. leave it for an hour or so. If there is a hair-line creak, you will fine some water.

Once you have confirm that the glass is okay, next check if you still have the O-ring that is suppose to be in between the glass tube rim and the plastic opening where the glass tube is suppose to be inserted. Apply some water base gel around it. Ensure that the glass tube in inserted fully and that there is no air pressure pushing the glass tube open.

Use water plumbing white tape and go round the screw thread. Ensure that when the bulb holder fits nicely and that you lock it in properly.
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Will try your method but I can see from the tunnel that actually the white silicon that joint the 2 glass section is already wearing off. I'm bought this unit for less than a year but always leave it on for my aro tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yap its leaking at the joint where the big cyclinder join the funnel, so can i use silicon to seal it? I bought a silicon that can withstand a temperature of 200 deg C.