Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Lighting problem

Feedback Score

Lighting problem

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    After seeing that one of my pl light tubes has not light up, i went and bought a new set. However when I replaced the old one its still did not light up. Could it be the ballast? Or something else? Appreciate your assistance.
    "In war, whichever side may call itself the victor, there are not winners, but all are losers."
    Neville Chamberlain 1869 - 1940

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    is yours using a normal ballast of an electronic ballast? If it is a normal ballast, then try chaning the starter... If its an e-ballast, then it could be more costly... In the worse case, perhaps you could try checking with Chan... he might be able to "repair" it for you for a fee
    Allen

Feedback Score
    if yours is a single tube only then do check your wirings and connection as they may be loose.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    swap your pl tubes, new tube into old light fixture and vice versa. this will confirm whether the pl tube is faulty.
    if tube is ok, check if it has a starter. replace the starter if there is one.
    finally, check for loose wiring. do get someone who know electrical appliance to check for you if you are not familiar with electricity.
    thomas liew