Hello,

I used to use Hagen Power Glo tubes in combination with Osram Cool Whites for my planted tanks. This worked quite well. At this time I have 3 30W Osram Cool Whites over my planted tank. This is working well, i.e. the plants are growing, but the color of the plants and fish doesn't look good so off I went to get me a 30 W Power Glo... Well, over the last few years Hagen has priced itself out of the local marker and I can't find a 30 W Power Glo. What would be the next best light to use in combination with my Cool Whites to bring out the color of the plants and fish?

Also, for a 1.2 m planted tank, how many Otocinclus would be needed to keep algae in check? (There is some growing on the front glass, plant leaves etc... Not ugly algae, just normal low level aglae growth).

I have some hair algae hanging in there (came with the plants from my former tank) but the rapid plant growth seems to be keeping it in check. I hope as the shrimp multiply they will deal with it. I'm also going to get some Cabomba or Myriophyllum which will release allelochemicals into the water and kill it.

Thanks