Feedback Score

When Plant will start Bubbling

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi ,

I have setup my 4ft tank for about 2 weeks time

Got Riccia ( start climbing out of the drift wood)

Anyone know when it's will start to bubbling or somethings is not right for my tanks..

Temp is 26.5 to 29 degree

CO2 is 2 to 3 BPS

Ph level not sure ?? yet to buy an PH pen

This 2 weeks added the liquid Fert about 5 times liao

Got 4x36W PL light switch on together with CO2 for 5 to 6 hrs each days

So eagle to see my plants bubbling

Hope someone can advice

Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    - Measure ur pH and KH. Check the charts to make sure you are injecting enough CO2 into your tank.
    - Unless u are adding minute quantities of ur liquid fert (that adds up to the recommended dosage per week), you have been overfertilizing ... Be prepared for algae soon.
    - Lighting period is too short and you may wish to stretch it to 10hrs. Though this shouldn't impact 'bubbling (which is what you wish to see) cos my riccia usually start bubbling after the lights r on for 3hrs.
    - Make sure your riccia is not shaded. Those that do not get enough light will grow but not bubble. Only 90% of my riccia is bubbling cos some parts of the lawn are shaded by MMs and moss on driftwood.
    ThEoDoRe

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi my riccia starts bubbling about 1 over hour when i turn on the lights and co2. Maybe its because i leave it floating on the surface to get more growth. []
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    4x36W is a bit low for a standard 4ft tank... you might wanna up it to 6x36W... This will help if you are hoping to see pearling.
    Allen

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Your lights is clearly not enuff. You should increase the photoperiod to at least 8hrs and maybe increase the level to 6X36W.

Quite curious onwhat fert you're using. Can't really understand wat you mean by you have dosed the liquid fert 5 times liao. Care to elaborate? What I can suggest is you could dose 20ppm Pottasium by using K2SO4. Do a search, since it's been discussed before in many occasions.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

>>Anyone know when it's will start to bubbling or somethings is not right for my tanks.

No bubbling doesn't mean things are not right. Bubbling doesn't mean things are going fine.
    Another quality, non aquatic-related post from mrs budak!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 3/27/2003 10:38:21 PM

Hi ,

I have setup my 4ft tank for about 2 weeks time

Got Riccia ( start climbing out of the drift wood)

Anyone know when it's will start to bubbling or somethings is not right for my tanks..

Temp is 26.5 to 29 degree

CO2 is 2 to 3 BPS

Ph level not sure ?? yet to buy an PH pen

This 2 weeks added the liquid Fert about 5 times liao

Got 4x36W PL light switch on together with CO2 for 5 to 6 hrs each days

So eagle to see my plants bubbling

Hope someone can advice

Thanks in advance

----------------
    Looks like light not so enough. Is your Riccia at the substrate level? Try shifting some higher nearer the water level. You may see them bubbling.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Ok Thanks for the advice...

Hi Sherchoo,
    The liquid Fert brand is Tropica - Master Grow brought from NA for $38

They advice me to add 20ml each time i change water for my 4ft tanks (so far added 5 times 2 weeks from now)

Also got add SERA VBC-Stress protection and SERA Nitrives each time change waters.

I'm using a CO2 reactor also from NA and not using diffuser, does this also affect the bubbling ???

I had already post my Updated as at 28.03.2003,don't know post correctly, first time posting ...
    or you can view at www.arofanatics.com
    (nicks name : eddie goh)

My tanks is 1.5FT x 1.5FT x 4FT

4x36W still not enough ?? WL have been buying until very poor liao...........

So anyone expert who can advice ???

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 3/28/2003 10:47:42 PM

Ok Thanks for the advice...

Hi Sherchoo,
    The liquid Fert brand is Tropica - Master Grow brought from NA for $38

They advice me to add 20ml each time i change water for my 4ft tanks (so far added 5 times 2 weeks from now)

Also got add SERA VBC-Stress protection and SERA Nitrives each time change waters.

I'm using a CO2 reactor also from NA and not using diffuser, does this also affect the bubbling ???

I had already post my Updated as at 28.03.2003,don't know post correctly, first time posting ...
    or you can view at www.arofanatics.com
    (nicks name : eddie goh)

My tanks is 1.5FT x 1.5FT x 4FT

4x36W still not enough ?? WL have been buying until very poor liao...........
    I am using the same lights... No issues getting plants to bubble. I am not a expert..but I think carbon dioxide does play a great part in helpig plants bubble. In my case, I notice that plants bubble more when I fertilise with TMG and gold 7 and of course introduce more water movement around the ceramics diffuser...and not sure whether water hardness play a part or not...I notice my plants doesn't do so well when the hardness was zero...I have since notice my plants are bubbling after I tweak all those parameters.
    So anyone expert who can advice ???
    ----------------
    I
    Check out Wynx' Blog
    Check out Wynx' Gallery
    When fate hands you a lemon, make lemonade.
    Dale Carnegie
    "Who cannot love Her smallest things cannot stand in front of Nature" 隆あまの 

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I would go with theo2001 and measure your KH and PH level. This is because KH, PH, and CO2 are co-related. Depending on what your PH objective is, the correct KH level first has to be obtain. Take for instance, my tank KH is at 8 to 9. To achieve CO2 rich water my target PH should be around 6.7 to 6.8.

I would agree with sherchoo and allen is that your light wattage is cutting alittle thin, especially if your tank is 2ft in height.

What mrs budak says is true as well.....depending on which type of plants are bubbling, it may not be a good sign...take for instance if cryptos or echinodorus plants bubble is not good. It means that the leaf is either damaged or deficiency. While riccia is the opposite.
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...