Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

How to make the outflow filter lower

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi everyone just bought an Eheim 2026 today and when i hooked it up i realised the outflow was too strong...

I know one of the ways is to hook it up to a rainbar but i have already done that. I have also tried to bounce the current off the side of the tank but its stil too strong. I closed the inbuilt valves partially but that will also cause the intake to become less right?

Even though its bouncing off the side of the tank there are alot of small bubbles formed and i'm afraid that this will cause my co2 to dissipate into the air... what should i do???
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    it is normal for a new filter to have a strong flow. partially closing the inlet valve will reduce the flow. water is not compressible so if you want a slower outflow, the inflow will be slower also.

right now, you may want to run the filter at a slower flow until more stuff get attached on the tubes and reduces the flow rate.

as long as there is only a slight surface turbulance, not much of the co2 will dissipate. or you can increase the co2 rate slightly to compensate.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Wat is the size of your tank? 2026 is good for a 3ft n upwards.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi tawauboy what do you mean more stuff? those slimy algae stuff that gets stuck on the inside of the hose?

BFG
    Mine is a 3ft tank... but the output so strong that all my cabomba fly out of the substrate...
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    LightHammer, I am also using a 2026 for my 3ft tank. The inlet is on the right corner of the tank. The output tube is on the left side of the tank wif the tube facing directly on the left glass pane of the tank. Only 1/3 of the tank has some water current. Below the output is a bunch of red cabomba. They are just there n only 1 stem that is slightly swaying.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    the lever where you pull/push to remove the tube attachment acts as a flow control as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Errr, Tawauboy, I think I read on the old Eheim site, not to use the filter inlet valve to control flow, but the outlet valve.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    The thing with the 2026 is that the lever controls both input and output... so if you want to weaken the output... the input will be affected as well...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    u can always divert the flow against the glass

lol your cabomba flew out of substrate? that sounds very drastic! []

well one trick I use is to take the rainbar, and simply drill BIGGER holes in place of the ridiculously tiny holes they have. and tah dah super reduced flow![]

Feedback Score
    What I did to my 2ft tank using atman canister is tat i attached rainbars at 2 sides of the tank. Even when I on the output of water to the max, the flow doesn't goes tat fast as 1 rainbar alone. U might also wanna place the rainbar below water level to reduce surface disturbance caused by water splashing.

Regards,
    Brigitte

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I have a Atman3338 for my 4 feet tank. I think for 4', the volume is around 300l.
    filter FR is 1200 l/hr. I think its way to high.
    How can i lower its flowrate to about 600 l/hr? can i adjust the outflow on the canister filter itself? i have tried and it seems to be lowered.

Advice needed. Thank you.