2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Guppy

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Please advise if male guppy fight, attacking each others fins? Seen some beautiful guppy at Farmart. Will be getting some for my planted tank.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    all they do is eat, sh*t and ahhh... procreate. keep only males if you don't want to have a guppy farm
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i hardly seen male guppy fight usually other fishes nibble their fins..
    have fun with them they r very beautiful

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 1/28/2002 10:46:35 PM

Please advise if male guppy fight, attacking each others fins? Seen some beautiful guppy at Farmart. Will be getting some for my planted tank.
    ----------------
    I believe those guppys u saw at Farmart are sold at this shop "Koi Universe" by this guy David and his brother.
    Not a bad place to get guppys for your tank. Only more $$$, but worth it if there's no or less casualties and nicer compared to those cheap 50cents. There might be slight changes in their prices too if u go there frequently due to the supply. If this wk, there's surplus ocean-blue, they will be sold slightly cheaper.

If its for your planted tank, do take note the water pH, try not to dip below 6.5 or else u will see the guppys becoming more sluggish and get fin rot easily.
    For David's shop guppys, u can do w/o addition of salt which u usually ought to do cos he told me that his guppys are reared in freshwater (no salt added).

U've seen males attacking each other fins?? Think could be the overcrowding at the lfs. U shouldn't have this problem at your tank. Even they do attack, there won't be any serous injuries unless the guppy is weak to start with.

Hope I can help.
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    Understand that friends come and go,
    but with a precious few you can hold on.
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤