Country
    Singapore

Lack inspiration

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

Out of action for long time. Need to get involve to keep the passion for the hobby alive. Was considering of giving up. So I took up my digi cam and start updating pics. Here is the link.
    http://www.geocities.com/alantan_72/aquarium

Jellyman...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    You've got a very nice tank there. I wish I had that kind of passion like yours to maintain the tank at this high level. Keep it up!
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Alan, why do u wana give up the hobby? u got a very nice tank.... yr tank can inspire the beginners

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

After being in this hobby for close to 8 years. Me no guru... []From not much info on planted tanks to now easily available info. From difficult to get hard wares to now wide range until at times dunno which is good I guess it is/was those days of fighting algae and trying to buy this and that......causing me to go on. But now it come to a time I now wet my hands lesser other than routine water change. Keeping fingers cross that no algae outbreak for now.

I still remember going to Tokyo trying to lay my hands on some ADA stuff and carry them back. Also it burns a numbers of holes in the pocket.[]

maybe some of u also shares these sentiments.[] BTW, forum like this can really helps alot of beginers as well as veteran. It can really saves those unecessary dollars spent each time you listen to those wrong advise from LFS (but todays LFS is more knowledgable liow, I suppose...)

happy planting...

Jellyman....

Feedback Score
    Can't see the pics, the site is temp unavailable?
    #nicholas
    Web Album

Feedback Score
    Hi....
    May i know how do u import all the ADA stuff u have?
    And how much does each item cost?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 4/3/2003 2:47:33 PM

Hi,

After being in this hobby for close to 8 years. Me no guru... []From not much info on planted tanks to now easily available info. From difficult to get hard wares to now wide range until at times dunno which is good I guess it is/was those days of fighting algae and trying to buy this and that......causing me to go on. But now it come to a time I now wet my hands lesser other than routine water change. Keeping fingers cross that no algae outbreak for now.

I still remember going to Tokyo trying to lay my hands on some ADA stuff and carry them back. Also it burns a numbers of holes in the pocket.[]

maybe some of u also shares these sentiments.[] BTW, forum like this can really helps alot of beginers as well as veteran. It can really saves those unecessary dollars spent each time you listen to those wrong advise from LFS (but todays LFS is more knowledgable liow, I suppose...)

happy planting...

Jellyman....

----------------
    8 years is long... maybe you have other priorities now or that you have acquired a new hobby that this is taking a backseat?
    Anyway, can switch to a low maintenance tank of slow growing plants. Or try to recreate some biotope or go deeper into the scientific areas ... to keep the flame burning or the waters flowing... cheers!
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi

As for the site temporary not available could be because i am doing some more update to it. Just added 2 more pics to it after I changed the water just now. heh heh heh[]

I got my ADA stuff locally from the ADA distributor (when it first came, now no longer) they are the distributor for Dennerle now. I have some biz with them at those time and they wanted to clear all ADA stuff out and I saw this ADA tank and all its accessories. Got it from them and also a complete set of the original Aqua Journal (jap version). I dun read jap but only the pics and those illustration I am interested. By now I have to admit I am a ADA fan (or fanatic)
    I dun just stop here, I went Tokyo to get those stuff I wanted so much. the coolest looking thing is still the CO2 drop checker.
    As for the $....it definitely burns many holes in my pocket. My wife really hate it went I look at my tank. Its is a lonely hobby for me but I always reply her this....it is better to have my hobby at home then one that is outdoor which she dun even have me in sight [] heh heh heh....
    I may have some of these ADA acessories still new and not use in my keeping. I will check that out if you are interested.
    Actually i am toying with the idea of selling off the whole set up. Tank and everything.... Trying to limit myself to the 20cm seamless cube ADA tank/cube. I have it shut down for close to 3 years and I think it time to put it up again.

Jellyman....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey,
    You got a really nice tank there, your experience would really help guys like me who is in this for only begining of this year. []
    ...I love rubies too ...
    Ken

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Jellydot72,

ADA stuff and chiller really make the difference...... I am also an ADA fan but i'm the one with weak purchasing power. I find the Plocher energy system (esp the Penac A) that endorsed by ADA really interesting, are you using any of them?
    Aquatic plants and LEGO collector.