1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Suggestions for small tank.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    for me i think i will go with neon tetra and a normal low power hang-over filter would be fine maybe you wan to do a small set up like gravel with small mess or dwarf like water plans as your tank a little small

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

IMO, the best candidates for a nano tank would either be a small shoal of microrasbora or boraras or if you want some bottom/mid water dwellers, a small shoal of dwarf cories.
    Currently keeping large predatory fish 🐟

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Some species to consider for a nano tank are mosquito rasboras, dwarf spotted rasboras, sparkling gourami, pygmy cories and spotted blue eye. I don't recommend neon tetra, cardinal tetra or danios for your tank of that dimension. They need bigger space to swim especially when they need a group of at least 6 fish. Your tank dimension is definitely a pico tank, not nano tank though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by 43a57 View Post
    thanks for all the input so far, but as the previous post mentioned, i've already stuck to zebras and had already gotten them.
    the tank might be too small, but that's the only table top space I could afford at home.
    they are surviving still, without air pump and filter.
    entire tank filled with moss and hornworts and a strand of elodea. pity the fishes, hardly have space to swim.
    only problem is the fishes only feed on the micropellets as they drop down. seldom going to the surface to get the food. so i can't really tell if i've been feeding enough, cos i keep seeing the floating food among the plants.
    I didn't read your thread carefully earlier on & only notice the suggestions for small tank & posted hastily, so I gave my opinion on it. My apology.

Speaking of zebra danios, they are a bit too large for your tank & sooner or later, they will die due to some form of stress. I would advise you to sell/give them away to other hobbyists who have the space to keep them. I'm sure there are some others out there keen on taking them. As a matter of curiosity, what is your objective of the tank? From your description, it doesn't seem to be a display tank. If you want to look for species suitable for the size of your tank, you can refer to this website besides those suggested by Dean or me;
    http://www.seriouslyfish.com/

For some reasons, I believe that you are trying to set up a low maintenance tank and you might want to consider some hardier plants. For that, you may see some info for such tank in this website;

http://www.shrimpnow.com/content.php...ch-shrimp-tank

best regards,
    Shi Xuan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Don't get confused about my previous post. Your tank is a pico tank and is not suitable to keep those mentioned for a nano tank. Only shrimps and snails are suitable for pico tank. And maybe betta.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I made the mistake twice. Please forgive me. I overlooked the dimension of your tank & after doing some measurements, I did notice its pretty small for a start. If you really want to keep a display tank for fish, I'd suggest that you get a slightly larger tank, maybe a 12L tank. A tank of your dimension seems too limited in choice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Ok.. I just realised the thread started some time 2 years ago. I think I shouldn't be posting here in the first place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12