Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia

Re: OMG finally a 100mm L macro

Robert,
    If you're referring to me, I think you're mistaken. I'm a Nik user, so nothing to sell, unless you want to buy my 105mm Nik macro. Or maybe you want to buy my spare D200 to go with that?
    - Luenny

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

no lah, I know your are using Nikon. I'm reffering to any Canon user at AQ ...
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by luenny View Post
    ...I'm going to be nice to you and tell you, please do not tell me what I should or should not do anymore.
    Back up guys. Both of you have valid opinions but I believe what Khtee's trying to say, as will I, is at what skill level do you aspire. Sure, those pros take good pics but the basic techniques remain; composition, exposure and how much essence that one can capture without resorting to digital manipulations.

There was a time I used Olympus manual bellows and Mamiya RBs along with analog 35mm negatives, positives and 6x6's but I will still sheepishly admit that I clock more pics on a simple and convenient digital P&S. Heck, it's lots easier than doing 8x10 view cams anyway.

Dpreview's gallery and reviews can give us an idea of the equipment or lenses's potential but buying the biggest, longest and best equipment does not automatically assure beautiful photos if we have not the aspirations or willingness to refine our techniques.

The 100mm L has more than the average user might need but work with it, like tradesmen know their tools, and bring out the best from the equipment and yourself.
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia

Ronnie,
    You are right about dpreview giving us an idea of the potential. But is it wrong to ask for a first hand user's experience? If I know the people who did the review at dpreview, then I will ask them some questions. But unfortunately I do not, which is why I am asking here. If you have not used it before, then ok, but don't tell me that I should not ask around for first hand experience. You may/may not value first hand experience, but that's you. I didn't tell anybody that they shouldn't trust the review completely did I? That's what I am trying to say.

I understand what you try to say and I agree with you. You are right about basic techniques remain even though you are a pro. And you also say tradesmen needs to know their tools - which I also agree. But that makes it all the more important to get a first hand user's experience point of view and see what are the efforts they put in to get certain photos. But you put it in a different way. You are telling me what you think in your post or what you might do if you were in my shoes - just like what Robert did in his post. Generally I welcome posts like that, an honest open discussion really helps you to think differently. But the post by Khtee is telling me what I should or shouldn't do. That's what I don't like!

Moderators, if this is getting out of hand, just delete my posting. I'm not even interested to find out anymore since it is so hard to ask a simple question in this forum. A simple "No I don't have any photos" or a no reply would do. But this hostility for a Canon lens that I'm not even interested in buying? It's not worth the trouble.
    - Luenny

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Smile Re: OMG finally a 100mm L macro

Guys,

Chill it man.... we are here to enjoy the forum and share.

I believe this is just a slight miscommunication.

Long weekend round the corner.

Enjoy. =)
    Nicholas

Newbie en el cichlid enano

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123