Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

identify of shrimps type

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    i cant find a place to post this so i post this here, hope mod dont mind me or let me know where can i post this please? but for now, someone kind enough to help me identity this type of shrimps?

was told that this is cherry red , but its so orange in colour can some expert please give me a second opinion?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: identify of shrimps type

how long have this shrimp been in your tank?looks like cherry to me also

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

hmm...since sunday night. but when i got it it's already at this colour. hmm.... so it is cherry? is it always this orange when it is young? will the colour turn red when it is more mature? i got a few that carrying eggs already when i got them. found those shrimps that are really small and tiny even smaller then my gravel in my tank today. how big will cherry get to? im new to shrimps keeping so hope to get some help here.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

orange shrimp coz cherries are colourless when they are stressed or transported but definitely turn red once settled... those are orange shrimp for sure...
    ...I'm da in da deep blue ...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by zoothefreak View Post
    orange shrimp coz cherries are colourless when they are stressed or transported but definitely turn red once settled... those are orange shrimp for sure...

so they are not cherry red shirmps? hmm... alright... that was due to my lack of experience and the seller told it is so i believe. any more opinion on the type of shrimps is it?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

looks cherry to me.
    you won't see heavily pregnant orange shrimps by the way. and orange shrimp's body is leaner and has a slight hump resembling a ghost shrimp's body.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

so it is cherry ? lol!! im so blur now. happy in a moment thinking i got cherry red as what i want and next moment someone say it is orange... hmm... will see how others ppl rate it as well.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

am i right to say that if the shrimps are "giving birth" to little shrimps, as i spotted quite a lots in my tank now, means they are actually living comfortably and the water is good for them? i got the tank set up on 28th august and shrimps in at 30th august, no run in or whatever. but shrimps seem happy and hatchling are spotted more and more everyday. are they really happy? im new to shrimps keeping so need more guidence out there thanks in advance!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by actorial View Post
    am i right to say that if the shrimps are "giving birth" to little shrimps, as i spotted quite a lots in my tank now, means they are actually living comfortably and the water is good for them? i got the tank set up on 28th august and shrimps in at 30th august, no run in or whatever. but shrimps seem happy and hatchling are spotted more and more everyday. are they really happy? im new to shrimps keeping so need more guidence out there thanks in advance!!
    yes it's true that your tank's parameter should be suitable for your current shrimps like you said they are reproducing with the offsprings surviving and healthy. look out for any signs or fatality if you want to confirm that they are really living in a happy home good luck on your family of shrimps, hope your tank will be packed with more babies

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

looks cherry to me... i have seen both... only cherry looks like that on the side

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Here you go, for comparison:

Cherry, that looks like yours:

And Orange:

Here's a pregnant Orange shrimp that had lost its colour:

And it dropped its eggs after a few days, because their larvae needs brackish water to survive. Also the reason why i said you won't see a heavily pregnant orange shrimp.

Read further here re: orange shrimp:
    http://www.shrimpfanatics.com/search...range%20Shrimp

Hope you're happy with your cherries .

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

thanks for the help in identifying them im glad im keeping cherry shrimps then. cheers!! happy shrimping everyone!!