Country
    Singapore

BLACK TANG

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Dear guys,
    my friend would like to get rid of his black tang (bought at 250 at pac marine)... coz his gf finds it very ugly..and prefer to have yellow tang instead..thus need to find buyers. just bought it for a week.. i know that it is very ex.. but it is very nice.. it is fully black (not an inch of other color except for its scalpel which is white in color.) when it is in adult, it will have a luminous blue line across its body..
    anybody who is interested in procuring the piece.. let me know.. i try to get it cheaper for u.. no middleman charges... i would like to have it too but too ex.. and i already have a purple tang in my tank.. sigh..
    i try to look for it pics to be posted here...
    kelvin
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Kel ! , it's a rare pc from the west ! ( probably med. region ) u shld consider picking it up ! [] , cheers !

Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    akoh.. i know it is indeed very rare coz they are seldom harvested or seen in the aquarium trade... it is very ex.. 250 leh.. if i buy.. me can eat grass for the rest of the month.. hahaha.. cannot afford it..
    The last time i heard, the adult piece is bound for Underwater world.. should go and take a look.... sure very gian after seeing it.. me been thinking abt it already.. cannot get to sleep so count black tangs... one black tang swimming, 2 black tang swimming, 3 black tangs.... 45 black tangs... hahaha[] []
    Kelvin
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

You know when I saw the title I thought you guys were referring to the ugly brown tang (same zebrasoma species as yellow and purple tang) and I was wondering why anyone would ever wanna tok about that fish...

What's this fish with such heal oogle appeal... anione got a pic to show? Quite swaku... =P

250bux is like... =P Kel if you buy your gf will REALLY hantam you until u pengz...

Btw ever heard of the hybrid btw gold rimmed surgeon and archilles? I heard it's even more than $250... Hahaz... these stupid fishes...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i try to locate it.. then i post it here for all to see..

Yes, ice, me will die if i buy it.. not coz my gf will scold me but will definitely consider it once i get my 6ft.. hehehe... and what cross breed thing u talking abt?? got pic? then i can id for u..

akoh, u have any pic of the black tang? if so, pls post for the pl to see.. thanks in advance...
    Kel

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Ppl, for those who want to see the fish.. this is how it look like in juvenile stage.. it is very much like the first pic in the first url.
    Url are courtesy of LeAnn..she sourced for them..

http://users.compaqnet.be/cn007675/Z..._rostratum.jpg

http://saltaquarium.about.com/librar...arinedepot.gif

http://www.themarinecenter.com/Zrostratum.htm
    []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 1/31/2002 12:03:48 AM

Btw ever heard of the hybrid btw gold rimmed surgeon and archilles? I heard it's even more than $250... Hahaz... these stupid fishes...
    ----------------
    ice !
    Hybrid of gold rimmed surgeon and archilles ! hm ! this I got to see !. picture ! picture !.

kel ! wah ! look like leAnn is one step faster huh ! anyway I do have book on black tang.

Marine Ppl ! ever wonder how they harvest marine fishes in the open sea ? and why majority of the fishes available in the lfs or ff are in such good condition ?. Well I once witnessed a guy catching marine fishes with a very special " suction gun " while diving in Indonesia, apart from these " guns ", they also uses cyanide and fish traps. Man ! no wonder " fishes " are in such good condition ! , any other methods u guys have come across ! cheers
    []

Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    akoh,
    1 of the most common methods is using cynide to stun the fish.. and i was told that most of them come from Indonesia and Philippines waters.. thus i dun really get my stock from there..coz of low survivability rate..almost zero... however, they are also healthy pieces available.. so have to keep your eyes open when selecting fishes..
    Traps is yet another method..
    btw, if u have the book on black tang, perhaps u can include it inside the post lor.. best if u have an adult version of it.. show them and let them drool... those url ones are juvenile pieces..

Ice, we are waiting for the hybrid pic of tang that u mentioned abt...

Kelvin

hey guys.......icey is this it?
    http://www.themarinecenter.com/tanghybrid.htm
    kel where u get ur stock from? most of ur fish from indonesia ma
    Acroporids and Tridacnids

Yes Spiff that's the one... Hahaz it's even the URL I saw it from =)

The black tang not very nice wah... =P

Okae dont kill me dont kill me...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hey ice,
    those pictures dun do justice to that fish.. u should see the adult version of it.. ask akoh.. it is very nice.. i know all of u wun believe me till u seen it in person..

Spiff,
    i dun deny that most of our fishes are obtained from S.E.A and mostly from Indonesia, Philippines.. but fishes like purple tang, Yellow tang are from the west like red sea... me too do have fishes from nearby local waters.. eg.. coral beauty.. and it should not matter where it come from as long as the fish is healthy and is feeding well.. as for how they do it.. well.. u have to do some homework lor.. hahaha.. but i really dun advocate using cynide to catch fishes.. coz firstly, it 'killed' the fish indirectly by causing it to be poisoned, secondly, more importantly, it damages the reef.... so.. ponder abt this lor..
    Kelvin