Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parosphromenus Sp. Planted Tank

Feedback Score

Parosphromenus Sp. Planted Tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, this is my 2 1/2 feet Low Tech planted tank. Just finished planting and assimilitalizing the fishes.
    Fert tab will be added next to Blxya Japonica and C. Wenditti "Brown"
    Weekly dosage of Sera Liquid fert, will start after 4 days.
    Water changes will be done once every 2 weeks, replenishing with Ketepang leave stained water.

Front View

Right Section

Centre Section

Left Section

Parosphromenus sp "Samuraman" ? exploring it's surroundings

Parosphromenus sp Pair "Sakuraman" ? exploring it's surroundings.
    (Need to confirm location again)
    #nicholas
    Web Album

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Beautiful Fishes!
    Cheers!

Benetay

Hi Pipsqueak

Just got a pair of Blue Parosphromenus Sp from Biotope. Wonder what did you feed them? They don't seem to eat dried food

Feedback Score
    yea man, they're my favourite fishes now.
    #nicholas
    Web Album

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Blood worms or daphnia shouldn't be much of a problem. Where did you get them? I'm sure if you ask what the shop keeper feed they will tell u.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Hi subzero, you got the blue ones!
    Erm, haven't fed them yet.Just got them today.
    I'm going to try pellets first. If not, frozen blood worms. If not, panick. But who could resists blood worms!
    #nicholas
    Web Album

I ask the shop owner, he said the mouth is pretty small and best is to give them brine shrimp frozen or hatch.

here's the one i've got

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    pipsqueak! great Paroshromenus! as subzero mentioned he got a pair of “Kuala Tinga” (blue) and I got a pair of “Pijoan, Jambi” (red). When yours are in good condition perhaps we (actually subzero lah) can come and do some photography?
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    WOW! Great pics! BTW, their mouths are small, so the best foods are stuffs like frozen dapnias, chopped up tubifex worms and baby brine shrimps.
    ''Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds.'' Albert Einstein

Feedback Score
    Hi, sure thing, maybe say...around may or june? After my exams, hopefully by then they'll show their colours. Gonna try to drop the ph as low as I can!
    #nicholas
    Web Album

Feedback Score
    Images
    Just want to inform you guys keeping the perosphomenus...they don't really eat blood worms.its too big for them!i've tried mine but they don't seem to eat it.dephnia is the best food for them ... my perosphomenus is doing well with it.
    Hows the sukamara nicholas? I met u today at biotop...

Feedback Score
    Hi Edwin!
    Yea, I've tried chopped bloodworms, they didn't take it readily, so I tried daphnia, and they went straight for it. One observation though, They went for the "moving frozen daphnias" They didn't really touched the stagnant one, not until I stirred the water a little bit and made the daphnia float about again.
    Btw, I can't find much information on parosphromenus in english, found a german site, but I couldn't get the web translator wouldn't traslate the site..
    Another observation, The male is chasing the female away from the cave, and it seems abit odd. At times they will almost be next to each other, and suddenly, the male ( showing a slight hint of turquiose on the fins) will chase the female, who seems pretty stressed out (body colour is abit pale).
    I'm not sure if the male is courtng the female, which I doubt so as I caught him trying to peck him, or if he is guarding the nest? Just read from the library that the male chases th female away from the cave after spawning. Hmm...
    #nicholas
    Web Album

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Nicholas, nice tank you have here. Only flaw is the ketapang leave which looks a bit out of place in the tank. I suggest you keep the leaves in a pail of water. When you need to change water, just get it from the pail. Once more thing, the ketapang leaves surface will have some slimy staff, you need to use a coffee bag to filter it away.
    I met you yesterday afternoon at Biotope. Hope your breeding program will be successful, keep us posted on your progress.

Feedback Score
    Hi, the leaves were too big for the tank, so for the moment I decided to use it as a background[] Yea, thanks for the advice, I'll be topping up with "peat soaked in water"
    Just tested my ph, and it reads a 5.5.
    Btw, it was nice meeting you guys, good to see the faces behind the nick names..
    #nicholas
    Web Album

I throw my Parosphromenus sp into my tank full of newly hatch Malayan shrimp. It's a waste to sacrify those tiny shrimp but to think of it they might not make it to the adult size. Hopefully those two paros are full by now.

So you are going to breed them? All the best to you!

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 4/10/2003 12:49:04 AM

I throw my Parosphromenus sp into my tank full of newly hatch Malayan shrimp. It's a waste to sacrify those tiny shrimp but to think of it they might not make it to the adult size. Hopefully those two paros are full by now.

So you are going to breed them? All the best to you!
    ----------------
    Why wouldn't the shrimps make it to adult stage?
    I'm hopinh to breed them, if they will breed for me, hehe, have to let nature take it's course. What about you? Not gonna try to breed them?
    #nicholas
    Web Album

Feedback Score
    Images
    hi nicholas,

mmmm i am not very sure about that.. but what i know is that the male is the one taking care of the fries ... not the female one....but is it possible that the female had already spouge????
    btw my manis mata is not doing well...the male one.but the female one is very healthy.is it because of the water chemistry?what do you guys think?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Get more crypts and plant them in groups, will look better.
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Images
    hi nicholas!

hows ur new pairs of panophromenus sp doin???is it good?just notice the kuala linga after its colour had shown up...sure u r gonna like it!gd luck then =)

Feedback Score
    Hi Edwin,
    They're doing well, but I'll be moving Jampi-pituan and Kuala tingua to a 1 feet tank tomorrow..not enough caves/space in the current set up.
    Like you said, the Manis Mata looks good! The body colour has already darken!
    Thanks for the tip lorba, the crypts looks abit sparse and irregular...need to think again..[]
    #nicholas
    Web Album

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast