Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

E. tellenus as background?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi looking into the possibility of starting a small, low maintainence planted setup. A friend of mine recommended that i use E. tellenus as background for my planned 1ft cube. Anyone tried tellenus as background plant?

And also i heard light conditions would determine how tellenus would grow, tall or short would like to know how true is this?

宝剑锋从磨砺出,梅花香自苦寒来。

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: E. tellenus as background?

I grow my E tenellus as background plant for my 3 feet planted tank. They grow up to 5-6 inches long, but the problem is the trimming part, and also some tend to creep runners to the front which I forbid! Many people say that lighting determine the colours and height and it is true to some extent. I used to have the plant with bronze or reddish hue under strong light. Now most of my background tenellus are long but dark green, because I place my light on the middle and front portion of the tank. As for trimming, I'm now to lazy to use scissors to trim, instead, I just my fingers to pluck them off and remove the unwanted runners.
    Rob
    "Natura non facit saltum"

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I have tenellus in my office 1 ft five-plan tank with 9W of light and it is growing pretty tall, about 4 inches. However those taller leaves are becoming bronze as they are nearer to the light. If you want them to grow even taller, maybe you need even less light.

At home, my tenellus are bronze and only 2 inch tall. As said, your main problem could be the runner as they will grow everywhere.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

me too face the same problem.evry now and then triming. end of the day i remove it

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

thanks for all the input so far.

宝剑锋从磨砺出,梅花香自苦寒来。