Thread: Active carbon

Feedback Score
    Images

Active carbon

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Like to check if it's possible to put the Active carbon directly into the tank water instead of inside the canister filter?

As i i know we need to always replace new active carbon every month. So i'll need to open up the canister filter every month to replace them. if i just put direct into the tank, it will be much easier.

But if i put direct into the tank will it still have the same result as i put into the filter.
    With great power, come great responsibilities...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Active carbon

I guess it will still work though longer. And I hope you got good water circulation in the tank.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Active carbon

The filter will only work if water is passing through it. If you just put it in the tank with no forced flow through it, it will have no effect.

If you wish to avoid the trouble of opening your canister every month, you could always put your carbon in a small power head that simply circulates within the tank, that way maintenance is much easier plus you getting the benefits that you want from the carbon. You could also use that same power head to introduce oxygen into the tank, so you will get double benefit.

Hope this helps.
    Best regards
    Bob