Country
    Singapore

Mound shaped plantations

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys
    Anyone know of any plants that thicken out into a mound shaped plantation? I feel my tank quite bare lah so i want to create an organized jungle in there so my discus won't keep hiding all the time... []

Or anyone can give me some advice how to cultivate that thick and dense yet still organized look? I would be happy to learn how... Thanks a lot! []
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    use riccia.. laid the whole front with riccia, then using big pebbles, tie riccia on it then laid on the existing riccia patch.. then u have achieve what amano likes to do

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    if you're thinking of a tall mound, try micranthemum ubrosum
    tends to form a nice thick clump
    for a short clump, lobelia cardinalis grows nice and thick and low

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Simon and DEA
    Thanks for the suggestions. I was also thinking of using riccia but then i remembered about fellow forumners complaining that they had to re-tie the whole thing every few months. It was because of the riccia detaching itself from the mesh and floating up if i'm not wrong. I was thinking as the riccia had to be tied onto the mesh, could i tie some weights under the mesh and pushing it into the gravel? That way the riccia wouldn't float up and maintenance wouldn't be such a chore. Is it feasible?

I don't really know about the other plants but i will read up on them... really wanna have the side and backs to grow thick so the discus won't be able to swim there. Kind of like the tank and Sam Yick's at Parkway Parade where he has the 2 huge discus.
    [] Sometimes i think i expect too much... hehehe.
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    In that case, can consider APP or Star Grass. Glosso, maybe.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Found out what micranthemum ubrosum looks like. Turns out i have planted 2 pots of that in my tank. What about the back? Could i use micranthemum micranthemoides? Have seen some pics that show this plant growing really densely... Or any other plant that has that similar kind of effect?

Feedback Score
    I have this plant, I believe its Mayaca fluviatilis, grows really long, and can be pretty dense when planted near each other. The leaves ar every fine and the stem is about 0.1mm thin, as quoted from my reference. Don't know if it'll fit into the jungle look, but if you want and can wait, I can spare you some cuttings on the next trip to teo's[]
    #nicholas
    Web Album

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    use MM, once it settles in and grow to a certain height, trim very regularly and you can shape it into anything you want... i turned mine into a ball last time...[]

Didiplis also can, but will take longer. R. wallichi planted closely... actually a lot of plants can create that effect, just how long you want to wait and how dense you want.
    ----------------------------

do not do to others what you will not want done to you!

be kind! =)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    MM is a good choice, but the bottom and inner part of the group may not be healthy.

It may be possible to try tying carpet plants on mould shaped wood or rock and shape from there. Good thing is you can shift it anywhere. It is also possible to use java moss as the holding medium. Plants possible for this setting are probably glosso, APP. I have tried E. Tenullus climbing over java moss wood.
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功