Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vampire Crabs Babies

Ruhr Area (but born and raised in Cologne)
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Germany

Re: Vampire Crabs Babies

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Crabby, male Geosesarma (and most other crab species) are territorial, yes. If You think the female looks sick, separating it would be a good idea. You can place her in any box free of any toxins or detergents with a little substrate, something to hide under and maybe a small water dish. If the substrate is moist that is normally enough. Although: Milkish white patches does not sound good – can You make a picture of that?
    Cheerio, BEASTIE ;-)

CRABS, Crayfish, Shrimp, Land hermits, Mussels & Snails, Dragons, Snakes and more in some 40 tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

How do attach the photo?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Ignore the previous post beastiependant please do check ur mail as i have sent the photo of my crab to your email oh i got it from your profile hope u dont mind

Feedback Score
    Country
    Germany

crabby: Sorry, no mail here (yes, I searched the spam folder carefully too). How to attach an image here You can read here: http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...b3_attachments – regarding my mail (it's no secret, so no problem) maybe You mistyped? [email protected]
    Cheerio, BEASTIE ;-)

CRABS, Crayfish, Shrimp, Land hermits, Mussels & Snails, Dragons, Snakes and more in some 40 tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Do check your email again as i have just tried to send it to my 2nd email adress and was sucessful however now using a different method of sending thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Germany

Yes, that mail arrived. To me this does NOT look like anything pathologic. Although this is not the original "Vampire crab" species, that you can find here: http://www.panzerwelten.de/v/Geosesarma/G_sp_Vampir/ . But in the last time Geosesarma bicolor http://www.panzerwelten.de/v/Geosesarma/G_bicolor/ are sold often under the name "Vampire crab", in Germany too. As You can see on the pictures the faint stripes or patches that Your crab has are not unusual. They are even stronger in some specimen we got http://www.panzerwelten.de/v/Geosesarma/G_cf_bicolor/ and called G. cf. bicolor where we are not sure if it really is another species near related to bicolor. Anyway these patches seem not as any sign of illness to me.
    Cheerio, BEASTIE ;-)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks for the reply helps me a lot,oh i am upgrading their tank i can sent u the pic if u want to but i am not sure what is kind of set up i was thing a 70percent land and30 percent water but how do i prevent the sand from falling to the water area please check your mail for the phpto of the tank.thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Germany

Hi, a 70:30 setup would be a lot better, that's right. If You mean You accumulate sand on one side of the tank that won't work. You have to glue a glas or plexiglas into the tank dividing it into a land zone and a wet zone or You make everything water and set in a kind of dish for a land part or otherwise (in this case You could use the tank as terrarium and put a dish with water in. Although in a small dish with water You have to change the water 100 percent every two or three days maximum. If You have a bigger tank You can filter the water and don't have to change it that often.
    Cheerio, BEASTIE ;-)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi.

I have been looking everywhere in singapore for Vampire crabs. Anybody knows any shop that is selling it now?

Just got my 2 ft tank setup with dry area, wet area with a mini waterfall but with no vampire crabs in it.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Bought a few yesterday (Thursday) at Tropical Fish International at Pasir Ris Industrial Park 1. Check address on the AQ LFS listing.

Quite a lot available and a mix of males and females (at least I was able to spot and bought a few females) unlike most times when only males are available. Also cheaper than at most places. Also other species there. Go for it.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

The setup with 4 vampire crabs and 4 orange coconut crabs

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Sorry to dig out this thread. Just brought vampire crab. Some tips to take care of them? I feed them with Sera food pellet, should be ok right?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Dscheng View Post
    Sorry to dig out this thread. Just brought vampire crab. Some tips to take care of them? I feed them with Sera food pellet, should be ok right?
    Thats good-quality premium food you are feeding the crab... my nephew just feeds his crabs scraps of bread and leftover vegetables, and they are still alive and grew larger after a year.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Found one dead this morning. Not sure what happen too.

Feedback Score
    10 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

Maybe you can post some pictures of your setup? It will be easier for us to help you.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I hv 2 pairs of vampire crab. One of female was pregnant for weeks. Yesterday she was restless, kept climbing up the small waterfall filter and comes/drop down. Eventually this morning, i saw the eggs were dislodged. And the ants came into the tank (eating?/taking) for the eggs? Guess the eggs are all no good/dead. Any idea how i can improve the situation should the lady is pregnant again?

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Can they survive in tap water?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by rainbatt View Post
    Can they survive in tap water?
    You need a water conditioner that removes Chlorine, and Chlormine. I use Seachem Prime. They need 80% land, and 20% water with soil or sand for the land but rocks work as well but I recommend a mix. Moss etc help as well.

Water needs a filter, else change the water few days.

They need calcium, so I feed them a varied diet but ensure they do have the Hikari Crab cuisine to ensure there is sufficient calcium.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123