Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Going away for 7 weeks. What to do?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Going away for 7 weeks. What to do?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I will be going away for about 7-8 weeks. Can any one advice what to do before I leave the country.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    well, depending on where you are going, you may need to apply for a visa. Then you pack your bags, buy a ticket and you are done!

Ok lah, just joking...you mean what to do to yr planted tank during your absence of 7 weeks? 7 weeks is a bit long. You may need someone to help with the waterchange, feeding and fertilisation regime. Alternatively, let someone adopt your plants and fishes during the period of your absence.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Look for someone who can take care of the tank for you. Instruct him on maintenance and ask him to carry out the maintenance under your inspection for two weeks before you left. Leave your contact number with him, should any problems not anticipated occur, he can call you.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Probably give your plants a good trimming first, especially the super fast growing ones. I guess someone has to help feed the fish and top up water loss due to evaporation.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Juggler,

Thanks. I've ask my dad to maintain water change and feeding weekly. The light and fan are on timer so it should be fine. Will also top up CO2 . Only worry is dosing of liquid fert, KH up etc etc. Plants are mainly crypto, java fern and glosso. So far have try no water change, feeding, dosing of fert etc for 2 weeks when I'm away and have no problem. But not too sure if they can survive for 7 weeks without maintanence.