Country
    Singapore

How to care for Mini Pellia?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Guys,

I have been trying twice to get minipellia to grow in my tank. But each time they would be infested with BBA. I really like them and hope to succeed but as they are pretty expensive, I really want to make sure they grow this time round. I have chiller and CO2 and I dose using EI method so nutrient is abundant. So I really don;t know why it is infested with BBA. Would the way I tie it affect it too? Thanks!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: How to care for Mini Pellia?

Might be not enough CO2 and cause slow uptake by your plants. What colour is your drop checker showing??

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Cannot be not enough CO2. The other plants are doing ok. My drop checker is showing 6.5 and my KH is 4 so this means my CO2 ppm is at 30+ Sigh Maybe I switch to Peacock moss

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I also don't think is the CO2 problem. Mini-Pelia will grow without injection of CO2 but need low temperature. You may want to place the mini pelia at a site with less water movement.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

Perhaps you can try less fert as they are less dependent on that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I have chiller and it is at 25 degrees. As for fert, I really need to cause I have other plants. Haha. I think I will switch to moss instead

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia

Grows well in the shade I noticed. Have to be 'patted' each WC to loosen up mulm.
    Very sensitive to chlorine.
    You can if you dare to fail - Stan Chung

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

AH!!!! I think the patting is the key!!! It should be stated in all mini pellia care sheet!!! Hahahah!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

can pellia be grown in a tank with temperature of around 26 to 27 degree celsius?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I think your tank is too comfortable for the mini pelia. Most likely too much nutrient

All my batches are growth in a non-co2 non-chilled non-fert tank 1 ft tank, 9 watt light 6-7 hours a day. Growing very well and kinda fast. They MUST be tied on wood. I tried other things like plastic or steel messes, smooth stones etc etc . All dont work. Tie them on wood, drop them in the tank and ignore them. Grow and spread very fast

I use to sell them, sold many batches. Now got lazy just let them overgrow and only clearing those loosen by the fish shrimps or snails

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    I think your tank is too comfortable for the mini pelia. Most likely too much nutrient

All my batches are growth in a non-co2 non-chilled non-fert tank 1 ft tank, 9 watt light 6-7 hours a day. Growing very well and kinda fast. They MUST be tied on wood. I tried other things like plastic or steel messes, smooth stones etc etc . All dont work. Tie them on wood, drop them in the tank and ignore them. Grow and spread very fast

I use to sell them, sold many batches. Now got lazy just let them overgrow and only clearing those loosen by the fish shrimps or snails
    I have success with mesh looks nice to me i use 24 watt T5 lighting 7 hrs a day with no fert and C02 temperature 24 c . Though it looks messy but its growing well.