Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Can I remove parent fish ram from e baby fries?

Can I remove parent fish ram from e baby fries?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi all,
    today i notice quite alot of my ram fries 'diappeared' and suddenly the female ram keep attacking the male. look like she protecting the fries. Now i have partition the tank and moved both the parent ram into the other side. Is it ok for the fries to live by themselve? or should i keep the female ram with the fries?
    thanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    since u already separated the parents from the frys via a partition, makes no different if u remove the parents out of the tank, but if the frys r too small to fan for themselves, their surival rate will decrease.. so better to have at least one parent guarding and teaching them... preferable the female...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    i have successfully raised 3 spawnings of holland rams. usually either parent will attack the other one when the fries are 2 weeks old. remove the trouble maker (attacker). i leave the fries all alone after a month. feeding of bbs and blood worms (after 1 mth) speeds up the growth process.
    all 3 batches from same pair (dunno why they like my water condi. :P) they now in community tank so no more spawns.
    Cheers,
    Melvin Lim

hi simon n mordrake, thanks for u advice

just to check what u mean by " fan for themselves"?
    heard some ppl take out the parent fish once the fries are free swimming.. so is this apply to ram as well? thanks

hi mordrake,
    what is ur successful rate to raise up the fries? got up to 80% survival rate?..did u transfer the fries or parent fish to another tank and how often u change ur water? thanks

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    success rate not so good, abt 40-50 % cos never really take care. if the fries survive past the 2-3 weeks, then should cheong to adult liao.
    just remove the parents after 1 month and do weekly small water changes (abt 1/3).
    Cheers,
    Melvin Lim